Join now - be part of our community!

Connected a USB device to my Sony Bravia Android TV

krumar
New

Connected a USB device to my Sony Bravia Android TV

Hi,

I connected a USB device to my TV and I think I have accidently selected to only use it to view photos. At least I can't see any movies when I choose the video app on my TV. Could someone please help my how to "deselect" that selection.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

Hi

I added a USB to my wall mounted KDL-50809c Sony TV and it poped up with this two options. If you select the wrong option remove the USB stick, restart the TV, add the stick back in again and you shoul dbe prompted how you wish to use it.

Alternativaely format the USB stick and readd the films, or copy to another USB stick that has not been added to the TV yet.

My only issue was unless I restarted the TV it some times didn't detect the USB again.

Should be fine. Cheers.

Tuscan
New

Hi

Some help on playing back video via USB stick....

I cant see a USB select button in the inputs menu..

If I put a usb stick with MKV videos in the USB slot... absolutely no response from the TV.

What do I need to do

Thanks in advance

Tuscan
New

Its a 55x8509

profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

Ok.

1. format stick as exFat on WIndows PC or Apple Mac. (NOT NTFS, Fat32 is fine but limits files to 4GB)

2. Copy files to USB

3. Insert into rear of TV in Slot.

TV will pop up saying its found a USB device. Select Google VIDEO to play files.

Issues: USB is not always found, may have to turn off TV completly to referesh USB sockets as It thinks it has same USB stick in.

(Had this issue once.)

Last issue is that I have not tested MKV files only MP4, which work fine.

Hope this helps.