Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting a standard DVD player to my new

bimbambob
New

Connecting a standard DVD player to my new

Help, my old DVD payer as a scart lead, my new TV (KD-48A9)

KD-48A9

does not have a scart socket. How do I connect them?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

If the dvd player doesn't have HDMI socket then I think there is an av adapter cable that comes with the Tv.  Then you'll need a scart to 3 av adapter to connect them.  I think you can also buy a scart to hdmi converter 

I assume it will look fuzzy though given resolution of dvd.  I don't know if the cost of the leads or adaptors is worth it though. You could buy a cheap blu ray or dvd player that connects via hdmi if yours doesn't.  Blu ray player will play dvds.  Hdmi connection will be better than analogue. If your dvd player has digital component out I think you can also buy an hdmi adapter

profile.country.GB.title
merseyswine

No point in having a nice new TV like that if you’re going to watch DVDs via a SCART adapter. The picture will be lousy. If you really can’t bear to part with your DVD player, then buy an old analogue TV from a charity shop. Or stick to reading books. 😉

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@bimbambob 

You spend £1800 on a brand new 4K OLED TV, and you can’t spring another 2% of that (£35) for a Sony DVPSR760HB DVD player with HDMI and HD upscaling?

Let alone getting yourself a Sony HD BluRay player (7%)?

Or even a UHD one (8.33%), which will let you play the 4K BluRay of Planet Earth II (£20)?

Since nothing streamed will ever match what a UHD disc can do, if you really want to see, and perhaps show off, what your new TV is capable of?

And it will still play all your old DVDs, and probably make a much better fist of them than what you have now.

Here’s a rundown of what Curry’s have to offer right now:-

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/sony-tv-and-home-entertainment/dvd-blu-ray-and-home-cinema/blu-ray-and...

Or wait a few days for Amazon’s upcoming Prime Days, 13 and 14 October, if you are a member, and maybe bag an even better price on these items.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
williamfsmith

SCART is dead please leave it that way.

Great in its introduction but that's a long time ago.