Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Bush DVRHS02 to KD-55XF8796

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

Connecting Bush DVRHS02 to KD-55XF8796

I have got a Sony Bravia 55-inch Android TV (Model no. KD-55XF8796) but I can't get a signal after connecting it to the Bush DVRHS02 VCR/DVD Recorder using the MHL-HDMI-SCART converter. Any suggestions how I can solve this matter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @bwallace1,

Correct. The three jacks for video are called Component Video and the two jacks for audio are called Audio L/R. You will find these jacks clearly marked on the rear of your TV and VCR/DVD recorder.

For more information regarding the different TV inputs/outputs and their location, view the connection diagram on page 12 of your supplied TV reference guide. There you will also find the suggested connection method for your Nintendo Wii mentioned as Video Game Equipment.

Cheers,

Dutchice

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Sometimes, a bad connection may occur and cause this problem. Please try the following steps below - 

1. Turn off all the devices.
  2. Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI Input terminal on the TV.
  3. Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI Output terminal on the connected device.
  4. Reconnect the HDMI cable firmly to the same terminals as before on the TV and the connected device.
  5. Turn on the TV and connected device again to let them recognise each other
  6. If the issue continues, repeat the process but try a different HDMI input on your TV to see if this improves the situation.

Can you let me know the outcome?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

I reconnected one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI input on the TV while the other end of the HDMI cable was reconnected to HDMI input on the MML/HDMI/SCART Scaler Converter. One end of the SCART cable was connected to the SCART output on the NNL/HDMI/SCART Scaler Converter. The other end of the SCART cable was reconnected to the SCART connection on the Bush DVRHS02 VCR/DVD Recorder.

Still not getting any signal.

profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

The Bush DVRHS02 VCR/DVD Recorder has no HDMI connections at the rear only SCART connections.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @bwallace1,

The AV (Audio/Video) signal on the SCART output of your VCR/DVD recorder is an analogue signal. On the other hand, the AV signal accepted by the HDMI input of your TV is digital. The signal converter you are using is converting the analogue signal to a digital signal for things to work. 

Generally speaking these type of signal converters are not recommended. This is due to the fact that the signal processing on these devices is not guaranteed to be compliant with consumer electronic specifications such as IEEE.

That is the reason why it is recommended to make use of the same type of signal inputs and outputs between your devices. Your KD-55XF8796 TV is equipped with analogue component inputs marked as R/L for audio input and Pb/Pr/Y for video input.

The suggestion is for you to make use of the component outputs of your Bush VCR/DVD recorder and connect them using RCA cables directly to the 5 RCA jacks mentioned earlier on your TV.

Let us know how you get along.

Cheers,

Dutchice 

profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

Just to get this straight, what you're really saying is that on the rear of the Bush DVHRS02 Combined DVD Recorder and VCR I should use Audio Right (Red) and Audio Left (White) jacks followed by Pr/Pb/Y video jacks for analogue connection using RCA cables to the analogue audio/video jacks on the rear of the Sony 55-inch Bravia Android TV

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @bwallace1,

Correct. The three jacks for video are called Component Video and the two jacks for audio are called Audio L/R. You will find these jacks clearly marked on the rear of your TV and VCR/DVD recorder.

For more information regarding the different TV inputs/outputs and their location, view the connection diagram on page 12 of your supplied TV reference guide. There you will also find the suggested connection method for your Nintendo Wii mentioned as Video Game Equipment.

Cheers,

Dutchice