Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Nintendo Wii to KD-55XF8796

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

Connecting Nintendo Wii to KD-55XF8796

I can't connect the Nintendo Wii (Model No. RVL-001 (EUR)) to the Sony Bravia 55" Android TV. Any suggestions for a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @bwallace1,

I now understand why you insist on using signal converters. At the end of the day, you are the one that has to make the decision of what matters most to you. Is it the picture quality of your TV? or the aesthetics of your TV stand?

My recommendation for not using signal adapters is purely based on my intention for you to be able to enjoy the best out of your TV.

Cheers,

Dutchice

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

Is it the same situation of having to plug the RCA (R/W/Y) analogue cable leads from the Nintendo Wii to the analogue connections on the TV?

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @bwallace1,

If you have the Nintendo Wii component cable then that is the connection method indeed. Otherwise if you own the standard supplied Nintendo Wii AV cable you will have to use the Audio L, Audio R and the Y jack from the Component-IN jacks for video.

We provided more information with links already on your previous thread.

Cheers,

Dutchice 

profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

So a WII To HDMI Adapter Full Hd 1080p Output Upscaling Converter 3.5mm Audio Support wouldn't be suitable for connecting onto the Sony 55-inch Bravia Android TV with HDMI cable?

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @bwallace1,

Using these type of adapters converting analogue to digital signals will not deliver the best results.

In fact your Sony TV is well known for its advanced upscaling performance from SD to 4K. Allowing the upscaling to be done by the TV itself will give you the best picture quality compared to any other 3rd party alternative.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

Could the Sony 52-inch Bravia Android TV work if one use a Neoteck RCA to HDMI Converter Alloy 1080P Mini RCA Composite CVBS AV to HDMI Video Audio Adapter Supporting 720P/1080P, connect the RCA cables from the RCA video outputs jacks to the input of the Neoteck RCA to HDMI Converter while one end of the HDMI cable is plugged to the converter leaving the other end of the HDMI cable plugged into the TV. Similarly, could the same converter be used with the Nintendo Wii?

profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

Also can it work with the Bush DVHRS02 Combined DVD Recorder and VCR?

profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

It just seems an awful waste not being able to utilise the three HDMI Input sockets for connecting up the Nintendo Wii and Bush DVRHS02 VCR/DVD Recorder to the Sony 55-inch Bravia Android TV. The problem I have is that the wide bracket as part of the cFSL800LUSWW: Reflections - Lugano Oval Pedestal TV Stand conceals the audio/video RCA jacks at the back of the TV making it extremely difficult to connect the RCA cables from either device.

https://www.avfgroup.com/tv-stands/reflections-tv-stands/fsl800lusww

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @bwallace1,

I now understand why you insist on using signal converters. At the end of the day, you are the one that has to make the decision of what matters most to you. Is it the picture quality of your TV? or the aesthetics of your TV stand?

My recommendation for not using signal adapters is purely based on my intention for you to be able to enjoy the best out of your TV.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

The TV stand for me, is the issue hence the HDMI to Avi adapters for both the Nintendo Wii and Bush DVRHS02 VCR/DVD Recorder as suitable proposals to utilise the HDMI Input sockets on the Sony 55-inch Bravia Android TV.