Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Nintendo Wii to KD-55XF8796

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

Connecting Nintendo Wii to KD-55XF8796

I can't connect the Nintendo Wii (Model No. RVL-001 (EUR)) to the Sony Bravia 55" Android TV. Any suggestions for a solution?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

Would it be okay to use a signal transmitter to connect and transfer (NOT CONVERT) signals from HDMI port to RCA port? HDMI carries digital signals while RCA carries analog signals.In order for these two formats of signal to communicate with each other, both input and output devices needs to support the signal conversion function (code and decode)

Please see link below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Proglam-Video-Converter-Adapter-Female/dp/B07NQGPD8K/ref=pd_gwm_cr_simh_0?p...

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @bwallace1,

As I already mentioned earlier, the use of any analogue-digital adapter/converter/transmitter is not recommended due to:

1. Loss of picture quality
  2. No guarantee for it to work

This basically means that if you acknowledge and accept the drop in picture quality, then as there is no guarantee for it to work, you will need to try the adapter/converter/transmitter you have in mind and verify if it works with the two devices (TV & Game Console) you have at home.

The particular device in your post above is categorically of the wrong type, since it is meant for Digital Output to Analogue Input. While what you are intending to do is the opposite, namely convert the analogue signal from your game console to a digital signal for your TV.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

While I am intending to do is convert the analogue signal from my game console to a digital signal for my TV. The same exercise would be converting an analogue signal from my Bush DVRHS02 VCR / DVD Recorder for my TV.

Hence the link below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Supporting-White/dp/B07Q9PWKF5/ref=pd_gw...