Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Sony TV to LG soundbar

Connecting Sony TV to LG soundbar

hi, I've just bought a LG sound bar to connect to my Sony KD-55x8005C tv. I've tried to connect it via hdmi/arc and changed the TV settings to pick up the sound bar rather than the TV speakers, but I get no sound. TV gives me a message to say it's connected to the sound bar but as mentioned no sound. I can connect and play music from my phone to the sound bar via Bluetooth so I think the sound bar is ok. 

Any ideas? Do I have to use the optical input connection instead?

thanks, and sorry if this is a silly question, I am no expert.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please reply back with the model of the LG soundbar or confirm at least that it suuports the ARC. Function?

Have you tried another HDMI cable as a test?

When plugging and unplugging HDMI cables, ensure the TV is switched off first, as it gives less problems..

Cheers

D.Buckley
New

Hi 

I'm having the same issue. I have the Sony HT-CT780 which has the arc connection. When connected via only HDM I don't get any sound but the speakers option is on audio mode. 

When I switch to the audio mode when watching Sky the TV speakers kick back in and I get an error message saying audio communication failure TV speakers reactivated 

(2nd sound bar and have the same issues so it's either a setting or an issue with the TV. I've done full resets on both devises, tried other HDMI cables.........run out of options. The TV is only 6 weeks old!! 

profile.country.GB.title
Mayanknehra
New

I have kdl-48w705c tv and recently bought lg sj3 soundbar, i am not able to get the sane volume output from tv shows to the soundbar as compared to Bluetooth. So doundbar volume is great when i play music from my phone to the bar via Bluetooth but quite low on tv shows.. any one can help pls ?

Hah3547
New

During the 1st day set up, sound bar still got sound. But subsequently, sound never come out although it shows connected. Tried plug in & out HDMI cable, but it still don’t work. 

profile.country.GB.title
Hind5913
New

I have the Sony a8. And I tried to connect via optical and hdmi but both no good 😌 then I paired my tv with sound bar. Worked great. Thought ide done it the I used the tv remote to turn volume up on tv as well just to hear what it sounded like. But straight away the sound bar went off. I’ve tried unpairing it a pairing it about 8 times now lol but no joy. What have I done wrong? I strongly suspect it’s something simple. But please is there anybody out there that can help me with this?  

profile.country.GB.title
RichAJM

I have a similar problem I suspect the latest Sony update has broken the HDMI ARC output. I have tried everything I can to no avail. It should work on the optical out though but that will mean you need to use another remote control to control the volume.