Join now - be part of our community!

Connection of Bird Box Camera

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
douness
Explorer

Connection of Bird Box Camera

I have a outside bird box camera which was connected to my old Sony Bravia via RCA socket.

How do I connect it to my new KD-43XD8305 TV?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
douness
Explorer

I have fitted the parts from Amazon and everything now working perfectly.

Thank you for your great help.

Regards

Doug

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You are most welcome :slight_smile:

Cheers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

When you mention RCA - are you referring to the Yellow/White/Red cables?  If so, you can use the TVs SCART socket at the back with an additional RCA-to-SCART Adaptor.

See:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Switched-Composite-S-video-Socket-Adapter/dp/B000TMOMGW/

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
douness
Explorer

Thanks for that, it works re the scart, but I am using the scart for Sky so require alternate solution ie. for HDMI, so I can view bird box by changing the input

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you tell me what Sky box (model) you have and whether you have subscribed to the HD package.  Do you have any other devices connected to your TV currently?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
douness
Explorer

Hi There

Thanks again for your interest.

I have a Sky plus box which is quite old and only has the scart connection, and this is connected to the only scart connection on the Sony model that I have.

What I require is some way to connect the RCA sockets ro the TV so I can change to that channel when I require to view the bird box.

Cheers

PS I have not subscribed to HD

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for the additional information.  I think it would be best for an AV to HDMI converter (adaptor) :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Converter-Swees-Composite-Adapter-Blue-Ray/dp/B01M6VWOCQ/

"RCA to HDMI converter is a must have if you want to keep using your older devices with your new smart modern HD TV/ HDMI monitor "

The reason I asked if you had the HD package from Sky is that from my experience on these forums is that many people who connect their Sky box to the TV via SCART seem to also have the HD package.  SCART does not support HD signals, hence would be a waste of £ :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
douness
Explorer

Thanks once again for your help.

I take it that I would need a HDMI  to HDMI lead from the adapter to HDMI socket on TV.

Cheers

Doug

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're Welcome :slight_smile:

Yes you will need a HDMI cable as well.  Should have probably mentioned that.

profile.country.GB.title
douness
Explorer

Thanks once again. I have just ordered the items from Amazon, so will let you know how I get on when they arrive.

Cheers

Doug

profile.country.GB.title
douness
Explorer

I have fitted the parts from Amazon and everything now working perfectly.

Thank you for your great help.

Regards

Doug