Join now - be part of our community!

Demand5 / My5 app on Bravia KD-43X8307C

SOLVED
stephenjbruce
Explorer

Demand5 / My5 app on Bravia KD-43X8307C

(Apologies if anyone's already posted about this.)

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Demand 5 on this or a similar model?  And, if so, any idea how to fix it?

Specifically, the Home screen still shows "Demand 5" under "Featured apps", but when trying to access the app, I get "Loading... Please wait," then a Demand5 welcome screen (split level purple and black background, with a spinning, loading icon) and then a totally blank screen where even leaving it for a while achieves nothing.

On the Channel 5 website, Demand5 has all been rebranded as My5, so how do I switch over to the new app on my TV?  The TV is reporting that all apps are up to date, and I've yet to find how to search for, find and download any new My5 app.

(As a side note, the app was getting further than this until a week or so ago - whilst the rebranding had happened on the website, I could at least get into the app, but then every single programme errored and couldn't be found, so that wasn't much use, either.)

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appologies, 

My mistake, the EUB is the correct one for your TV in the UK 

Id factory reset it to be honest.  I know its a pain...  As i have no other suggestions to be honest.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive just tested Demand5 on my KDL-43W805C using firmware version of PKG3.179.0100EUA and it works fine.

A suggestion is to clear all cache by going to Settings > Storage and Reset > Storage

Also, can you check if your TV is connected to the network - test iPlayer

If that still fails, try a factory reset of the TV.  Drastic i know, but can clear many issues.

Cheers

stephenjbruce
Explorer

Many thanks for getting back to me.

Seems I'm running PKG3.179.0100EUB - is that an earlier or later version than you're running (would guess later)?

Have just tried clearing the cache, but without luck.  System software update and App updates report everything up to date, and Self Diagnostic finds nothing.

Meanwhile, yes, iPlayer is working fine, so doesn't seem to be a connectivity issue.

Will happily do a factory reset if that's the only thing left to try, but any other suggestions before I do that?

Again, thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Would help if i press the right button to reply :slight_smile:

The EUB firmware is for EU countries.  Whar country are you located in?

Are you running your tv or internet connection via a VPN or some type of smartDNS (to unblock netflix for example)?

Cheers

stephenjbruce
Explorer

I'm in the UK :slight_smile:

Not sure if that makes running EUB an oddity, but would have selected UK when first setting-up the TV, Location status is on, etc.

As far as I'm aware, nothing clever in terms of connection - simply connected over wireless to my PlusNet fibre broadband router which is mere inches away from it, and aside from changing the wireless network name and password, I've not fiddled with the default settings on the router management page...

Factory reset time?  (Which I had to do at Sony Customer Support's request after the last update, which meant the TV was frozen every time it came out of standby... so I know it's a pain to re-set everything back up, and hence keen to try other things first, if possible!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Appologies, 

My mistake, the EUB is the correct one for your TV in the UK 

Id factory reset it to be honest.  I know its a pain...  As i have no other suggestions to be honest.

stephenjbruce
Explorer

...and, many minutes later watching it tick round and then resetting settings, that's worked :slight_smile:

Guess it'll remain a mystery what was actually wrong...!

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your Welcome :slight_smile:  glad its worked.

profile.country.GB.title
Bouettr1
Explorer

How to do a factory reset  the tv switches on and I just get the android logo spining