Join now - be part of our community!

Disabling Youview

profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

Disabling Youview

Hi i have been having problems with youview.Channels wont turn over, Tv really slow and buggy. Have to either completely switch off or disable youview and reenable. But i left it on freeview and didn't bother enabling youview and wow the tv is twice the speed though menus, changing channels and also the quality of the picture improved ie less soap opera effect, more fluid motion, sharper and just better allround. The only downside is no itv player or other players but i can live with that i have them on other devices. Is this a common problem. My tv 55xe9005

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

Just to add my tv is on wifi and i know youview is internet enabled so is this the problem?  maybe i just need to use ethernet cable.

profile.country.GB.title
Alienmoon
Explorer

I have the KD-43XE8004 model and I also have issues with Youveiw, seeing as this tv is in my bedroom with the router, I have the ethernet cable attached rather than wifi and YouView is still somewhat laggy.

I was thinking it was more to do with system ram or the processor as opposed to the internet connection, I say this because we have a 40MB fibre optic connection and our old Youview box was really fast compared to this built-in version.

One app that really does have an impact on the speed of the TV is the Samba App, I once disabled it and the TV  ran far smoother, however, it would constantly annoy me by informing me Samba was not running, so I had to re-enable it.

I've not attempted to disable youview yet nor anything else after the samba fiasco,... I do wonder seeing as this is an Android TV, whether it can be rooted or not, though, I'll not be trying this until the warranty as finished.

Good Luck.

profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

It's not something that should affect warranty as it was an optional extra upon first start of tv( can you verify please Sony). Freeview is also installed as standard. I certainly wont be using youview again as the tv is superb now, way better and as it should be. Maybe something to look at Sony, having iplayer apps available independently from youview.