Join now - be part of our community!

Does Sony TV have PCM audio settings to connect wireless speakers via an audio transmitter

profile.country.GB.title
rvportugues
New

Does Sony TV have PCM audio settings to connect wireless speakers via an audio transmitter

I'd like to buy a Sony TV (ie: SONY BRAVIA KD49XG8096BU 49" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR) and connect to my Sony sound bar and Lithe ceiling Bluetooth speakers; I got an audio transmitter from Taotronics which comes with headphone jack to connect the transmitter to the TV and then connect the audio transmitter to the soundboard and ceiling speaks via Bluetooth. When setup properly, audio is channeled to my wireless speakers and I can control the audio using the TV remote. After some initial research, understand Sony And Philips TVs have headphone jack audio output (but Philips does not have PCM!), but I’m unsure about PCM audio setting. Can anyone please confirm whether PCM audio setting is available on Sony TVs? Thanks in advance for any support and advise!

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Pcm is a digital signal while the audio jack is an analogue one... why do you look for PCM support on your setup?

profile.country.GB.title
rvportugues
New

Thanks. I’ve tested the audio transmitter using the optical cable and I can
get the audio on the wireless speakers, but I can control TV audio with the
TV remote control. I had tested with a Samsung TV with PCM and it has
worked really well when using the headphone jack. The problem is larger
Smart TV don’t come with headphone jack these days, only Sony and Philips.

Thanks,

Rod