Join now - be part of our community!

Don’t Bravia tv

profile.country.GB.title
Tomscott1990123
Explorer

Don’t Bravia tv

My Sony Bravia tv wont turn on , I have done a factory reset manually and as I was entering my wifi password it froze. So I tried to do another factory reset and nothing the screen is blank and won’t turn on. I have had issues over the last two months with this tv which is only 11 months old, and Sony are still yet to help me out , the customer service is poor and I wouldn’t recommend anyone to buy there products after the poor service I have received 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Tomscott1990123
Explorer

Anyone know how to fix a Sony Bravia tv that won’t turn on. I have checked all power sources and there all done I have disabled all external influences and I have also tried a manual factory reset , yet still the tv won’t turn on ? 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Tomscott1990123 

Yes, a service engineer will.

The responsibility for fixing your TV lies with the retailer who sold it to you, not Sony.

They may choose to devolve it to Sony, but that is their call.

Especially with the (presumably) one year guarantee so near to expiring, you should now get on to the retailer without delay, and see what they have to say.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Tomscott1990123
Explorer

Hi thanks for your reply , I have got in touch with the retailer and they have said that it is up to Sony to sort out . But don’t are asking for a VAT receipt but I don’t have one I just have a normal recipe.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Tomscott1990123 

The retailer cannot abrogate your rights to the manufacturer. Can you let us know who this retailer is, so we can all avoid them? And are they an authorised Sony dealer?

Item 6 ‘Know who is responsible’ here:- 

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/#accordion-content-01373...

and there is a lot of other good info there about your rights under the Sale of Goods Act 2015.

Nor does it matter if you cannot find the original receipt, though it is obviously better if you have it. But if you have a receipt at all, it will be a VAT receipt.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…