Join now - be part of our community!

Drivers for a pc so that it recognises 4ktv

profile.country.GB.title
Haemophile
New

Drivers for a pc so that it recognises 4ktv

hi just wondering what driver and where to get it from so that my pc recognises my kd55xe9005 had to reinstall windows last night and now have flickering display.I'm running a GTX 980 so should be able to handle this thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Haemophile,

Welcome to the Sony Community! There are no specific drivers required for your TV, as the supported resolutions and refresh rates are built into the HDMI controller of the TV and therefor readily available to your graphics card to interrogate and follow.

What you describe, sounds like if you either must install the latest graphics drivers directly from NVIDIA and replace the ones currently installed (probably WDM drivers by Microsoft). Or must make sure that you do not exceed the supported color formats, refresh rates and resolutions by the TV in your NVIDIA control panel. It could also perhaps be due to a damaged HDMI cable or not properly seated cable on your graphics card HDMI output or on the TV.

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Haemophile
New

Hi thanks for input after doing a little more research I think it may be that I have the wrong hdmi cable I found something that said older cables are only limited to 30 fps.