Join now - be part of our community!

Echo heard on TV when using A2DP Bluetooth headphones and TV sound simultaneously

profile.country.GB.title
sj.taylor
Explorer

Echo heard on TV when using A2DP Bluetooth headphones and TV sound simultaneously

Hi all, I have a KD-55XE8596 running SW PJG6.2671.0070EUA

I wish to be able to use bluetooth headphones and the TV Speaker simultanoeusly, so I have enabled the "Audio to both TV speakers & other device" option.

Unfortunately, as soon as I pair the headphones, I hear an echo through the TV speakers. The tv speakers seem to be playing the real sound AND a slightly delayed sound.

This is really annoying, as I'm sure you can imagine. There are instances where I want to hear the TV from another room, whilst my family continue watching. 

Anybody else experienced this?

EDIT - i think this may be something to do with A/V Sync - it seems the TV is delaying the picture and audio to be synchronised with the BT audio, but unfortunately still plays the original audio alongside the delayed copy!

Simon

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.RO.title
hypnosz
New

Hi sj,

could it be feedback from a microphone attached to the bluetooth set? (Just assuming, not played with bluetooth myself yet).

H.

profile.country.GB.title
mickyt

hi, same problem, but with sony bluetooth speakers, fractional delay.

profile.country.GB.title
sj.taylor
Explorer

Hypnosz, I doubt it is feedback from the microphone, because the issue continues even when the headset is in another room.

profile.country.GB.title
legapjim
Explorer

I have a xbr-55x900e using Sony MDR1000x Headphones with same problem. I changed settings to send sound to both bluetooth and speakers and when paired to headphones, the sound on the TV echoes. I contacted Sony service by phone and spent 45 minutes doing a total reset and then the current update, nothing worked. The technician  finally consulted with someone higher up and was informed they have a software or firmware issue and it will come out by the end of December and cure this problem. I'm always skeptical, but what else can we do. The new tv's are not friendly for adding analog transmitters for an older headset. I'm very pleased with all the other features, so if they do fix this, Iwill be very pleased.

profile.country.GB.title
legapjim
Explorer

Hi All, In addition to previous comment on echo in TV speakers, a temperory fix. If you set sound to external  and TV speakers, then plug an analog transmitter set of headphones like wireless Seinheiser into the headphone jack on back of TV. You won't get the echo in the tv speakers. 

Legapjim

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I had the same exact issue when I used the optical out, connect to a DAC to convert the optical to to analogue, as input for my old Home Theater.  Somewhere it's getting a delay. And I know it wasn't my setup because I had no issues at all with my old Samsung TV. The only way I had found to deal with it has bee to reduce the TV volume to zero.

Drrron
Explorer

I found a "temp fix" , go to the sound settings and adjust balance to the left or right speaker to Max. It helps keep down echo on TV. Does not affect headphone sound.

(I did it during playback with both TV speakers and Bluetooth headphones on, via Action Menu-Sound Adjustment-Advanced - Common - Balance)

profile.country.GB.title
legapjim
Explorer

Moving sound all the way left or right works, thank you. The TV sound seems to be poorer quality, but it's not echoeing. Stereo sound must be out of sync. I'm going to look for a mono setting and see if that works.

I have been unable to find a mono setting on the tv.

profile.country.GB.title
legapjim
Explorer

I had posted a message here that was incorrect, sorry