Join now - be part of our community!

Enhanced hdmi issues on kd49-xd8099

profile.country.GB.title
hungledink

Enhanced hdmi issues on kd49-xd8099

Bought this to at the start of the year. 

When end I have anything connected to sources hdmi2 or hdmi3 and have enhanced hdmi selected I have major issues with the video and sound dropping out. Started with hdmi2 and now that source is unusable. It's now begun to happen on hdmi3. 

Sony are dragging their feet over doing anything about it, all I get is emails saying, try this and that. Then I get put through to a new team who want me to try the same things over and over. 

Any my advice on what to do?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you have any devices that are capable of HDR (i.e. Sky Q or PS4 Pro?)  if not, you do not need 'enhanced HDMI' enabled at all.

If you do have a HDR capable device, check that you have the right HDMI cable (Hi-Speed capable of 18Gbps).  Also try a factory reset of the TV - this can quite often help.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
hungledink

PS4 connected. Problem is evident

Several different hdmi2 cables tried. Problem is evident.

Factory reset done twice. Problem is evident.

After several emails to 'support' I emailed the Sony head man and they've
agreed to swap the tv for a different one.

I'll update if this solves the problem.
profile.country.IT.title
DDavid28

Hi hungledink,

I have the same issue on HDMI 2 with a KD43-XE8096 TV. HDMI 2 is connected to a PS4 Pro, i can see 4K HDR video from PS4 but sometimes in the image appears a video noise (random red points) and seems that the signal is lost and then found again because the audio is muted for 2/3 seconds and the information bar appears at the top.

If I connect the HDMI cable (shipped with PS4) in HDMI 3 port, the problem seems to disappear but i've read from your post that now you have the problem also in HDMI 3.

Have you resolved the problem with a new TV ?

Many thanks !

profile.country.GB.title
hungledink

Still happened with the new tv.

It does appear (not happened in a month or so) to have been fixed by using this hdmi cable off amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J251FD0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

profile.country.IT.title
DDavid28

Many thanks hungledink for your answer !

You wrote "Still happened with the new tv" and this is the demonstration that the problem is not on the device but in environment around it (connections, electrical noise, ...). I hope that you have resolved the issue because I was looking for a different cable to make some tests and your cable was not in my list.

Please keep me updated if the problem appears again.

Best regards.

profile.country.DK.title
SonyCPH
Explorer

Sony service is put stranding, they replace your tv, due to you using a faulty HDMI cabel.

profile.country.IT.title
DDavid28

Hi SonyCPH,

the cable I'm using is the original "Sony PS4 Pro HDMI Cable" so I don't think this is defective or a low quality cable. Sony haven't replaced my TV, I'm only looking for a solution for a problem that personally I do not think is inside the TV but in the environment (eg. random electromagnetical noise).

Best regards

profile.country.GB.title
hungledink

Still havent had any issues with the PS4 signal cutting out but have recently upgraded my PC graphics (Geforce GTX 1050ti) and the problem now occurs with my PC connection to the TV.

Again I've tried several different cables, even really expensive ones and all available inputs on the TV/Graphics card.

Some people have said its something to do with the HDMI 'handshake' between devices, but as yet havent found a proper solution 

profile.country.IT.title
DDavid28

Hi hungledink,

thanks for your update.

The only way I've found to resolve the issue is set PS4 output video to YUV-420.

I think the problem is the bandwith: the HDMI port of TV is at limit if used at 2160p, 60 fps and RGB color. If you can, try to reduce the fps of the video card or the color compression (RGB vs. YUV-420).

Best Regards