Join now - be part of our community!

Eurosport Player app "Not available in your country" error on XE80I

SOLVED
x250_sb
New

Eurosport Player app "Not available in your country" error on XE80I

I'm a subscriber to the Eurosport Player, so was happy to find the app was available on our new Sony Android XE80 tv. Downloaded and installed it, but when I try to open the app, after a long pause, I get the message "Eurosport Player is not available in your country".

Rather strange as it works fine on my Android phone!

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but issue remains.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Therealsh

I'd the same thing, and as Android TV uses WiFi to determine location, I realised something with WiFi.

So first make sure WiFi is turned on, even if connected via Ethernet. Actually Android determines location even if WiFi is off... so definitely an issue with Eurosport.

Also, before accessing Europsport Player, toggle off/on your WiFi. This will allow the app to determine location. don't ask me why/how... works...

Not the perfect solution, as definitely something with Eurosport App (as all others do determine location well)

But something to work with... 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, 

That's odd. Perhaps check with Support if they've heard about this issue before?

Best, 

Arthur

I have the same problem, not all the time but often. It seems to me that tv does not always detect a location. It is trying to do it using wifi networks, but that tends to fail often in my case. I live in rural area so there are not many networks except my own. It would nice to be able to fix this, but I may have to give up on Eurosport playes subscription.

profile.country.RO.title
Sathmar
New

SONY!!!! I have the same issue. I can not watch the olympics on your super "awesome" TV. Please fix it

profile.country.GB.title
maosull23
Explorer

Hi! I have the same issue...annoying that you are allowed to download it, but unable to use it. The only way at the moment is streaming it from my phone on the tv. Why should I have to do that when you should be able use the app on the tv soo annoying! 

profile.country.HU.title
vlevi70

I tried Eurosport Player today, same problem 😞

Of course, I enabled the location service for the application, but does not work.

Location service works, because other apps, (for example, weather) finds my location.

Eurosport player is available, because I can watch it in my desktop pc browser.

profile.country.GB.title
Therealsh

I'd the same thing, and as Android TV uses WiFi to determine location, I realised something with WiFi.

So first make sure WiFi is turned on, even if connected via Ethernet. Actually Android determines location even if WiFi is off... so definitely an issue with Eurosport.

Also, before accessing Europsport Player, toggle off/on your WiFi. This will allow the app to determine location. don't ask me why/how... works...

Not the perfect solution, as definitely something with Eurosport App (as all others do determine location well)

But something to work with... 

profile.country.HU.title
vlevi70

Thanks, it works!

:thumbsup:

profile.country.GB.title
rgledhill

This didn't work for me... but something else did!  (Copied from my other thread following this up)

---

Ok, weird update on this.  I still hadn't got the Eurosport Player app running on the TV, so I was running it on my phone, controlling Chromecast in the TV.  Then as part of following through the support questions from Eurosport, I went to the Opera browser and visited whatsmyip.org to find out the IP address.  Immediately after this, I ran the Eurosport Player app and it worked fine!!

So if you can't get it past the "Not available in your country" message, try opening the Opera web browser and going to whatsmyip.org, then closing it and going back to the Eurosport Player app.

Worked for me... for now