Join now - be part of our community!

EuroSport Player - Sideload.

profile.country.GB.title
Opmind
New

EuroSport Player - Sideload.

I have been using the 3 series EuroSport player for the last year, and it worked as expected. However EuroSport require a forced upgrade to their new 6 series to continue viewing. This causes a message "EuroSport player has stopped", and simultaneously closes the HAL launcher.

My Acc is current and active,checked online. Changed TV security settings to allow apps install. Removed latest Google webview update, and removed Eurosport player update completely  and reinstalled old version. Old Eurosport player launches and connects, but demands update as before, HAL continues working. Permissions are set to allow 'location'.

What have I missed? This would be a disaster for me, because I purchased the TV the day before SONY/Eurosport withdrew their official TV app, promising a replacement within a few months. Could Qunnicus please ask SONY if this is ever going to happen.

Thanks folks!

Edit: To add that I have tried direct launch without HAL with the same result

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pete_B

Hi Opmind, thanks for getting in touch. We're looking into this issue now and will get back to you shortly. 

Regards,

Pete.

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Opmind,

Unfortunately the current Eurosport player is not compatible with Android TV (see details in their FAQs here).  This isn't something Sony can influence, and is a decision made by Eurosport I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
Opmind
New

Thanks for your reply.

When I purchased the TV, I was assured by the retailer that it had a compatible(native) EuroSport app. After installation I found out that the native app had been withdrawn by EuroSport. Further inquiry with Sony customer service, the retailer, and EuroSport, confirmed that a new app was being developed at Sony's request and would be available in a few weeks. On that basis I decided to keep the TV,rather than accept the retailer's offer of a downgrade to a non Android version plus an Android STB, a Samsung, or a complete refund. I discovered the plain Android App would work, so refused the retailers offer.

I understand that the lack of a native app is in fact due to SONY's refusal to support the development. Strangely one is available for Samsung Tizen. I look forward to your reply and your solution to my problem.

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Thanks for the additional details @Opmind - I have escalated this for you, so someone will be in touch with you soon.

Cheers,

Cass