Join now - be part of our community!

Fault?

profile.country.GB.title
Malcolm42

Fault?

I have sorted my issue so thanks, but I have another possible problem when I click on quick configuration I get a message of (can't access this function) or words to that effect but when I continue to press the ok button on the remote it access it ok so I can do what I need to do so my question is, is my TV faulty.Regards Malcolm Smalley 

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Malcolm42 

It depends.

How did you sort your issue?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Malcolm42

What sort of answer is that !!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Malcolm42 

That seems a bit hostile ☹️

They were probably asking how you solved the problem that they tried to help you with 

in your other thread. 

Regarding the 'it depends' it may be better if you asked them to eleborate  😉

profile.country.GB.title
Malcolm42

I'm normally very mild mannered but when I receive an answer like that to a very reasonable question I do get angry. But if I've offended anyone I apologise unreservedly. Regards Malcolm Smalley 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No worries Malcolm 🙂

We are all just Sony product users on this forum that try and help each other.

profile.country.GB.title
Malcolm42

I'm really pleased with the TV it's just the issue that I mentioned that I need clarifying. Regards Malcolm Smalley 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Hi @Malcolm42 

You did ask me to reply specifically 😢

And no I’m not offended; if anything I’m flattered by your high expectations of me, but alas, my feet are made of clay 😛

I suppose I should have explained that no-one is obligated to answer any particular question here, and if somebody doesn’t answer one it means that they don’t know, or think somebody else is better qualified to answer, or both.

Another thing here is that the average customer, replying, may have a Sony TV they are knowledgeable about, but unless it is exhibiting the same behaviour as yours, would hesitate to reply about their set being OK, when it’s not the same model.

Superficially, your TV shouldn’t be doing what it is doing; but unless somebody reports the same issue on this or a different model, or reports having the same model as you, but it isn’t doing it, we won’t know.

Even if this is something only your set is doing, we still can’t be sure that it isn’t a problem that will be fixed in the next release, or by replacing a faulty remote where the clicks aren’t registering properly, or something similar, rather than an issue which means the whole set needs to be replaced,

One thing, though, that again isn’t obligatory, but would be helpful to anyone with the same issue looking for answers, is that when you get the issue fixed, you say what the fix was. And if the issue spans two separate threads, then in the second thread, repeat what the issue was, so issue and solution can both be found in a single thread.

But all you said above was that you had sorted it, whatever ‘it’ was. So I needed to know how you had solved it, to see if it was germane to the current issue.

But anyway, sorry I didn’t just say “I don’t know” or enlarge on just how many things “it depends” might cover.

Let’s hope someone who has this exact set, or a sufficiently similar one, will comment; or maybe you could find a retailer local to you who has one of these on display, so you could try it, and see if it’s a generic issue,

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Malcolm42

I did read everything you wrote and I'm really sorry if I've offended you my original message was intended to get more information which has been very useful ie I now know where the timer  option is located, if you really want a picture of the error message I will send it but the box where the message is just white no message is discernable but if I wait a few seconds it goes out and the option becomes available so it's not a problem if you want I can tell you what the precise message is (this item does not support more options) you don't need to reply to this post as I'm all ok now. Regards Malcolm Smalley 

Ps thanks for your help it's been very beneficial.