Join now - be part of our community!

favourites list

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mrafiq
Explorer

favourites list

Hi all I I'm new to this looking for help so thanks in advance. three weeks ago bought sony

kd-55xd9305 tv with remote control Rmf/tx200e and to date not been able to understand favourites list. i have rang sony about  4 times and no luck. older members of family find it

impossible to use the tv . in past they have rellied on favourites list witch was accessed with press of one button. 

Sony TV Model KD-55XD9305, Remote RMF-TX200E.

1. Cannot find button to access favourite channels direct.

2. When the favourite channel list is created, TV does retain the original numbers.

3. You can move the channels in your favourite list in order of your preference.

4. When using the TV accessing favourite list you need to use of 3 buttons and total of 6 presses. 

5. When in favourite list, with up and down button, channels  are displayed in their original numbers and not in personal preference.

6. If you use applications or internet or switch off TV, you loose the favourite list, but if you press the guide button it still shows the favourite list but have to select the channel again to access the channel in the list to remain within the list.

7. When in the channel guide there no ways to move page up/down, only arrow keys buttons move the guide one line at a time. If you hold the button for more than a second the guide moves few pages. 

That makes guide totally useless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I find that the quickest and easiest way to access your 'favourites' is to use the "Discover" button on the remote control.  Your favourites will be listed there.  You can also set you favourites to be at the top of the list in the Discover area.  All you need to do is scroll down in the Discover area to 'Settings' and there is another icon called "Reorder categories" - Or you can use the "Show/Hide categories" setting too.

Using it this way, should resolve/answer many of your questions.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I find that the quickest and easiest way to access your 'favourites' is to use the "Discover" button on the remote control.  Your favourites will be listed there.  You can also set you favourites to be at the top of the list in the Discover area.  All you need to do is scroll down in the Discover area to 'Settings' and there is another icon called "Reorder categories" - Or you can use the "Show/Hide categories" setting too.

Using it this way, should resolve/answer many of your questions.

Cheers

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Good list of flaws of the Sony channel management. I also detailed some in my review.