Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update to v6.827 (OREO) 2015/2016 tvs

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

Firmware update to v6.827 (OREO) 2015/2016 tvs

hi all , anyone know when firmware v6.287 (oreo)  for 2015/2016 tvs is going to be released for europe ? its already been released for asia/pacific, thanks 

69 REPLIES 69
profile.country.GB.title
rodhull7

So now Sony have recently announced that the ATV2 (late 2016-2019) models will be getting Android 9 which is good news for those owners, but in Europe, we STILL don't even have Android 8 on the ATV1 (2015-early 2016) models - this has been available to all ATV1 models in the US since 23 June and Asia/Pacific since 27th May.

I very much doubt the ATV1 platform will ever be getting Android 9 due to the old chipset but does anyone have any concrete news on when the Android 8 update will ever be released for Europeans? EU typically seems to be the last in line for updates (maybe because of the numerous languages that need to be supported) but I don't think we've ever had to wait quite this long after the rest of the world.

Does anyone have any news?

profile.country.GB.title
Jedi-Peppy-4
Explorer

Any update on this?

Annoying Europe is so far behind Sony's Asia and US update cycle plans!

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

hiya, nope nothing at all. iv sent messages to sony support multiple times , same old story, they dont know seem to know 

profile.country.BG.title
headnail

Surely localization of UI cannot take that long...

Hardware across all regions should be identical (except analogue TV tuners maybe?)

Really annoying to see other regions get the update whilst we have to wait.....

P.S. sorry for "false hope" bump :slight_smile:

Tried asking Sony about the update. I was told that there was no update planned for Europe. It seems European TV owners are being left out...

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, there's not been any news on these models, you can always check by entering your TV's model on the support page and checking the downloads section: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors

profile.country.GB.title
Jedi-Peppy-4
Explorer

I know Sony reps will not use the forum to tell us, let alone Sony corporation.

But I find it stunning that EU Region gets so little preferences for OS Updates on Bravia's in comparison to the US and Asia Regions!

If there is no concrete update to this TV in the coming weeks, will seriously look at buying a new TV and not a Sony!

I love the picture quality on Sony's, don't get me wrong, but the OS is so laggy it's barely a usable TV, which is also partly Google's early Android TV problems... But Google have provided rafts of updates and Sony clearly cannot keep up, or they don't have the desire too... (Likely the latter)

profile.country.GB.title
Johnyjonyjohnjon
Explorer

Weird that there's this guide on using Oreo in the UK web pages and my model (X85C) mentioned, with the 6.xxx update needed. But obviously we know this update doesn't exist in Europe...yet? Article dated August '20.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00226266

profile.country.NL.title
innerchimp
Explorer

Still waiting and waiting for the Europe release, if ever released.

Come on Sony, it's been over a year since the Asia/Pacific update and North America followed not long after that!
I understand it's not just a copy-paste, but I guess the EU market is just not that exciting and important to serve in the same way.

Ever since day one interface and app performance has been bad overall on the X85C and even a slightly better interface performance would be much appreciated.
Apart form that, less buggy and better functioning casting features would be nice as well.

I've always loved the aesthetics of a lot of Sony products, including their TV line-up. However, this experience makes me probably choose another brand next time.

I just don't get the fact that they cut back on such an essential part of the whole user experience in the first place.
I'm convinced everyone would have been willing to pay just a few dollar more (without them even knowing) for a better performing processor.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi innerchimp, what's the exact model of your TV? And what are the issues that you've been experiencing? Maybe we can help you here ^^