Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware v6.5629: It keeps rebooting randomly

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Firmware v6.5629: It keeps rebooting randomly

Nice job Sony/Mediatek, really. I updated in the hope few bugs could be fixed and now the TV is less stable than ever. I had a reboot just casting from YouTube in my phone to the TV. Another time I turned on my Apple TV 4K and the TV didn't turn on. Because it was rebooting indeed. I turn on the Apple TV and sometimes the TV doesn't switch. Sometime I turn on the TV and I have to wait.. because it is rebooting.

I mainly use the TV as display for my Apple TV 4K now (which is why I disappeared from the forums), plus YouTube and an Italian app (TIMVision. Not available for tvOS unfortunately) and I should do yet another factory reset (the 100th in a couple of years?) because that piece of junk of an OS can 't even stay up and running!!! As a comparison I have installed tvOS 12 since beta 1 and I never had a serious issue, only some glitches here and there. For sure never a reboot. With the Bravia versions of Android TV, instead, rebooting seems to be the norm. It's like the infamous Blue Screen of Death in Windows.

Like many I am looking forward for Android TV Oreo, especially in the hope that being a new major OS version a good part of the core code has been rewritten (fixing most of the numerous bugs plaguing the current 7.0 versions) but with these premises I don't dare to think what a mess it will be instead! 

I am very disappointed. Really.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Can you let me know the full model number of your TV?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

All ATVs share the same buggy firmware...

All we can do is factory reset and pray.

profile.country.GB.title
podgeuk
Explorer

Not sure this applies but, I have just let my Android TV update. When it had finished I went to TV and after approx 5 minutes the TV rebooted and I watch the demo were lovely umbralas of all the colours showed. This kept on happening and I had to keep on pressing the TV button to return to the TV program I was watching. 

I then contacted the help line on the 020 number and they remotely took over my TV and supposedly resolve the issue. But they did not and it kept on happening.

I then played about with the settings and I don't know what I did but I deleted all the Demo settings and the TV know works fine.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

wysie86
New

Pretty sure I am having the exact same issue now: https://ap.community.sony.com/s/question/0D54O00005xnV3XSAU/random-reboots-endless-issues-with-kd65x...

Horrible experience, thanks Sony.