Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware v6.6555 now available in the UK

profile.country.GB.title
Ryanm1701

Firmware v6.6555 now available in the UK

Just downloaded and installed via USB. no issues after installation.

From Sony Support site

Benefits and Improvements from the latest update

• Improves the TV’s responsiveness when switching on from standby
22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
Palexr

Any thoughts to report? Does it improve the TV’s responsiveness when switching on from standby? Or anything else for that matter?

profile.country.GB.title
davidpow
Explorer

Thanks. I just saw this availability on MySony. Since installing the previous version (6.6545) i have had the issue of the TV going through its boot sequence after being in standby for a while. Is it safe to assume that his is what they are referencing here and it is fixed by this release?

Just checking before installing...in case it doesn't fix that problem and introduces a new one!

thanks again!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Who better than you can assess it? :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
davidpow
Explorer

Fair comment...I was just hoping someone might have tried it already and seen the problem fixed (or not!). I will try later (though the TV is quite busy while we are in "lock down" 😉

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In any case, even if someone else say that it fixes it, you are not assured it solves your specific configuration. In any case you may still want to wait other comments related to the general behaviour of the update

profile.country.GB.title
MrBrianPotter
Explorer

I updated mine yesterday via usb stick and unfortunately my boot problem is still there when starting from standby after a few hours! I also have a amber led light now instead of the white one 🤔 I am also using a Sonos beam connected to the ARC slot.

profile.country.GB.title
davidpow
Explorer

Same for me. KD55AG8 and the problem remains. Did factory reset after install but no good.

Come on Sony!

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
MrBrianPotter
Explorer

Sorry forgot to mention I’m using a 

KD-55XF8796 😐

profile.country.GB.title
LGSAMy

Strange, amber usually means the off timer is set or a recording timer .