Join now - be part of our community!

Forced Factory Reset Failed

profile.country.GB.title
J-Hall208
New

Forced Factory Reset Failed

My  Sony Bravia KD-43 appears to be caught in a loop and continually tries to power on/off.  I have carried out a forced factory reset hoping that this would correct the problem but it didn't .  Does anyone have another solution to this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
aco636
New

Sorry no solution but your post is very similar to a current issue I have with a KD43X75WL tv. I purchased it yesterday, and after a struggle to get the set up wizzard to work, and being prompted to update the software, the TV has now gone in to some sort of set up mode (flashing white light)  and will not recover, I have tried to follow Sony on-line instructions and also tried a local USB to update... No progress. I have a current ticket with Sony hoping for a solution, otherwise I will return the TV to the shop for a replacement... I'll let you know if I make any progress... Good luck

profile.country.GB.title
aco636
New

Just to confirm, I did not resolve this issue and intend returning the TV to the store for replacement. Final advice from Sony tech support was to try another factory reset (in my case unplug from mains, hold power button, connect mains, wait for white LED, release power button, fingers crossed the TV would be reset to factory default, etc) 

Symtoms were nothing showing on screen at any time, continuous flashing white/red led. Only change was immediately following power up where the squence of flashing lights were interupted a few times but always retunred to the flashing light....