Join now - be part of our community!

Free 4k Movie offer - Just not appering

profile.country.GB.title
StoufferTheCat

Free 4k Movie offer - Just not appering

So is there a trick to actually getting this free UHD movie redeemed?

I've been into the apps and there was an icon telling me I could get a free movie. I clicked it, clicked "Redeem" and I'm taken into the Google TV App. However there is no option to redeem the free movie.

I've been trying on and off for the past 2hrs now, have switched off and on the TV, checked for updates to the App - nothing. The "click here to reddem your free movie" is no longer on the "Home Page" and there is no option to redeem in the Google App.

Why oh why this couldn't be done via a voucher code or similar I don't know.

So what else can I try?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Rajruparelia
Explorer

I have the same problem.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi all who have experienced problems claiming the free 4k movie

from the Google Play Movies and TV app.

This is just to say that Google believe they have fixed the problem.

One member has reported the offer is now visible within the app.

Can anyone affected let me know if the app on their TV is now showing

the offer in its menu bar?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
aston100
Explorer

Unfortunately I was pretty much forced to take Spiderman Homecoming due to inability to identify all the movies available in this offer.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I was able to establish that this was one of the movies in the offer through trial and error as I clicked on each recent movie in the app and went to the payment options to see if it advised that it could be redeemed or not.

I also managed to establish that Elysium and Chappie were part of this offer too, but since I had already watched them recently, and because it was destroying my soul to do this laborious manual activity, I settled for Spiderman.

I wonder if Google will allow anothe rpick as a form of goodwill gesture for the hassle?

Ivelin.b
Explorer

only think thats is free over world is possibility to breathe oxygen. 

In short u could have your free month but first give them your bank details same az netflix...

So now you know what is only free ... even for water in home you pay....