Join now - be part of our community!

Free 4k Movie offer

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Mike_c1986
New

Free 4k Movie offer

Hi All,

I purchased a KD-43XE8005 and was told that i would be able to get a 4k movie via Google play - there are also adverts when I'm on the TV. However when I go into google Play fil and TV the catagory that the offer states should be there is no where to be found.

Has any one else had to deal with this? Am i missing something i can only find information on rpevious offers and american and canadian offers when i search.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mike_c1986
New

Hi, and thank you.

I bought the TV at John Lewis, the offer was very briefly mentioned by the sales assistant. But the mainly from the adverts appearing on my actual TV in the Sony Select section and on my home screen. They state that i only need to go into the google play app and there should be a section called 'Redeem you 4k-uhd movie'. But this section was absent.

However on checking again tonight this has now appeared, must have just been a delay in everything going through.

Thanks

Mike

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Mike_c1986 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Where did you purchase the television from?

Also where did you see / hear about the offer?

(Was it a sales assistant or online info?)

profile.country.GB.title
Mike_c1986
New

Hi, and thank you.

I bought the TV at John Lewis, the offer was very briefly mentioned by the sales assistant. But the mainly from the adverts appearing on my actual TV in the Sony Select section and on my home screen. They state that i only need to go into the google play app and there should be a section called 'Redeem you 4k-uhd movie'. But this section was absent.

However on checking again tonight this has now appeared, must have just been a delay in everything going through.

Thanks

Mike

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

No worries, glad the offer has reappeared for you.

Let us know what you think of the 4k :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
First_Knight

Hi,

I bought my Sony KD43XE8396 4K UHD on (according to Curry's PCWorld) Sept 11th 2017.

I also saw a 'free 4k movie' or something else 'free' from 'Google' via the Android Home Page.

Unfortunately, this TV has had to be 're-set to factory settings' THREE times already, due to 'a very buggy OS' - or some other fault meaning the remote only works when IT feels like it.

So any 'free items' were obviuosly deleted. I can't remember what item I chose but I definately did NOT get a chance to watch it. Does anyone know how to get hold of Google to access either MY free item (or get another one)? 

Thanks

First_Knight

ben-brown
Explorer

Hi - this offer has not appeared for me at all. I bought the TV from Amazon roughly a week ago.

profile.country.GB.title
chdawes72

I've just got a 43XF8577 and according to the Sony site (https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/android-tv-google-play-offers#faq) this should be valid for my TV.

1. Movies

Valid for redemption of two UHD/4K movies from eligible titles on Google Play. Open to participants who purchase and activate an eligible Sony BRAVIA 2017 or 2018 Android TV. Redeem on Google Play Movies and TV App on an eligible Sony BRAVIA 2017 or 2018 Android TV between April 26, 2018 and December 31, 2019. Use by December 31, 2020. Limit 2 UHD/4K movies per Google account. Valid in United Kingdom only. Age restrictions apply. See Content Promotion Terms and Google Play Terms for more information. Promoter: Google Commerce Ltd, 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Applicable models: AF8, XF90, XF85, XF87, XF83, XF80, XF75, A1, XE94, XE93, XE90, XE85, XE80

Does anyone know what it means by 'activate' ? Is this connecting it to your Google account ?

Did anyone else ever get to redeem their movies ?

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi chdawes72 and everyone else having this issue,

There is very little to no point at all in posting your issues regarding the free 4K movies from Google Play Movies on this forum, as we can literally offer you no assistance on the matter.

Sony support has a new resolution scheme for this specific issue in place which will guide you and resolve the issue for you. So please contact Sony support with your details, in order for them to help you redeem your offer.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
chdawes72

Cheers @dutchice for the link to Sony - will hopefully get things sorted :slight_smile:

sudonim
Explorer

Can you reply if Sony helped you get the free movies so that the rest of us know? Thanks.