Join now - be part of our community!

Freesat TV Guide not working

profile.country.GB.title
TCKid74
Explorer

Freesat TV Guide not working

Hello, in October last year I bought a KD43X72KPU from Sony Direct. Took until January to finally install in due to a death in the family. I hade a Satellite dish plugged into the Satellite input. Tuned in. Pressed TV Guide and got a Freeview Screen showing, not Freesat. The channels were all over the place and many had many duplicates. After nearly 3 months of e-mails to and from Sony and countless more screenshots they advised they have duplicated the problem but don't know how to fix it. And of course nobody else has had the same problem (apart the one Sony used to investigate). TV collected, refund issued, now their Customer Support Manager has left me high and dry having said he will help me choose a different model and sort something out by way of compensation for all the hassle. That is to say he has not responded to my last 3 e-mails over the last week or so. I do want t buy another Sony but i need Satellite connectivity and Freesat Tuning option plus ideally, Remote Support which the previous one did not have. So my question is, does anybody know if the KD43X81KPU model supports Remote Support and has Satellite (Freesat) input and Tuner? If not which model do i need to consider?

4 REPLIES 4
Piscie
Community Team

Hello @TCKid74, I feel sorry for you for all hassle! that must be really frustrating.

Also what do you mean by Remote support feature? As far as I'm aware, the remote support allows remote accessing to your TV, is that what you mean?

And yes this model supports the Freesat. 

I found this link about the Freesat compatible models: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-43xh8505/artic...

Hope it helps! 

profile.country.GB.title
TCKid74
Explorer

Hi Piscie and many thanks for the info. Yes that's correct, remote support access. Could have sorted out this problem a lot sooner had the model i bought had it but no. And I've still not received any reply from David John at Sony. I feel like he's washed his hands having provided a refund. I'd like to say i wont buy Sony again but unfortunately they're the only manufacture that provide both Android / Google TV and Satellite input. I'll have a look at the link you provided. Many thanks once again. 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @TCKid74, yes this TV allows remote access by the Sony reps, but as far as I'm aware, not all the issues can be sorted out remotely from their end.

You need to keep following up on the case till they get it resolved then 😕 Fingers crossed it will be sorted out very soon! 

profile.country.GB.title
Parax77
New

X72K Does not support Freesat.

X81K Does Support Freesat.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00183238