Join now - be part of our community!

Google 10 update for 2018-2020 models - any idea when it's coming to Europe

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Bydandie

Google 10 update for 2018-2020 models - any idea when it's coming to Europe

There's a few articles and threads discussing the deployment of Google TV 10 to various models from 2018-2020 as per this link.  Is there an official position on when this will be released to Europe, as it's already released to the US?

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
Petebr

I’ve tried fat 16, fat 32 and ex fat - no joy. Probs the way osx orders the volume- but haven’t got access to a windows machine so guess will have to wait…

how’s your to working for you with the update?

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

I've updated my KD-48A9  so far things seem Ok.

As per Sony's note it's still using the slightly updated Android TV interface that was made to look close to Google TV but isn't the Google TV one.  I wonder why they don't just switch these to the Google TV interface fully.

Also I note that a few times after turning the TV off now it will turn itself back on.  Tonight it did that twice...

profile.country.GB.title
Petebr

I remember it used to do that on one of the earliest firmwares ( turn on by itself). Hoping the new one fixes a few of the recurring annoyances: subtitles never properly remaining off; random reboots; hdmi cuts out sound on external streaming devices etc rather than add some more… I may hold off and read some more reviews…

profile.country.GB.title
kdhuk66

My KD-43XH8505 has recently updated with this firmware. Has largely settled down now.

Eventually managed to get my external HDD working properly again after plugging it back into the TV a few times after a couple of restarts.

However...

Timed recordings seem to be starting OK. But are later unplayable. No info is assigned to the recording. Instant recordings are OK and are saved OK and are playable.

Any ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
kdhuk66

On further investigation it seems that most recordings are being written to the HDD and if accessed soon after they seem to be saving completely normally in the Recordings list. However if the TV is put into standby for any length of time, the info associated with the recording is lost and they show up in the list without their associated information and are unplayable. The recent firmware seems to have a bug where the TV going into standby effects the filing system of the HDD....

All HDD diagnostic tests are passed and registration of the HDD is showing up as correct and recordings made before the update are still playable. The HDD is not apparently corrupted.

profile.country.GB.title
Petebr

If you have a spare external hdd, I would try formatting it on the tv with the new firmware from scratch to see if it works better - if so, you know its the update rather than the hdd, which has maybe changed authorisation settings. You could then reformat the original hdd (although you will lose any recordings), and should work.

profile.country.GB.title
kdhuk66

Good idea. I have an older portable HDD which would fit the bill to do some testing.

Have reformatted it in the PC and connected to the the TV and registered it for recording. All OK so far.

Set a recording and we'll see what happens. Will report back later.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
kdhuk66

Thanks.. That has worked.

But, annoyingly, I've lost my recordings due to the firmware update and the TV then failing to initially recognise my SSD on the first few startups after the update. Subsequently having to remove and plug in the SSD again may well have caused a degree of corruption to the data.

profile.country.GB.title
Petebr

Bad luck, mate - everyone else who records straight onto a hdd is prob going to have the same issue…

profile.country.GB.title
Kipster
Explorer

Does anyone else have the issue of the info button not displaying the programme info/description when watching on Youview after the update? It just brings up the date/time display in the top right on my tv. It works ok from the Youview tv guide.