Join now - be part of our community!

Google 10 update for 2018-2020 models - any idea when it's coming to Europe

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Bydandie

Google 10 update for 2018-2020 models - any idea when it's coming to Europe

There's a few articles and threads discussing the deployment of Google TV 10 to various models from 2018-2020 as per this link.  Is there an official position on when this will be released to Europe, as it's already released to the US?

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
Petebr

I have to say, after having used the tv with this update for a few months, how poorly this tv now performs. It really isn’t the same tv I purchased: slow to respond, laggy and just a bad experience. I was looking forward to an improvement of function rather than a degradation when I installed this update, but in all honesty, if this would have been the user experience I witnessed in the showroom I wouldn’t have purchased this model. It makes me seriously doubt whether to buy another Sony in the future. Clearly the soc isn’t capable of managing the software. 

profile.country.GB.title
kdhuk66

TV model number?

profile.country.GB.title
kdhuk66

I would tend to agree - I'm getting a loading circular logo when changing channels fairly often ...but not constantly. Other than that, it's a little slower maybe ?

My main problem was obviously the recording HDD  having to be reformatted.

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

The update that Sony dropped at the end of last year has been removed from their support site.

Probably due to the problems experienced by those who installed it.

I expect they will be working on a bug free update but at the moment the support page shows the

previous update from 2021, 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-oled-tvs-android-/ke-48a9/download...

profile.country.GB.title
Kipster
Explorer

Absolutely agree with this. Slow and laggy. YouView hangs when opening after turning the TV on, unless I go into the standard TV app first.