Join now - be part of our community!

Google not working

Google not working

My Sony tv won't let me use voice search for google? I also can't use the Internet properly as google keeps trying to load a page when Itry to search?  Nothing to do with the internet connection as the tv says it's connected to my sky wifi. I have tried to update google cast on the play store, however I can't log into the play store as google isn't working. When trying to use the voice microphone to search "can't reach google at the moment". We have used Google before just fine, however, I updated the tv as it was prompting me to 'update', maybe this hasn't something to do with this?

please help!! Very frustrating!!

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi @maggiesofia25,

try a Soft Reset:

Soft reset

• Press and hold the Power button on the remote until the "Power off" message appears/ is displayed (approx. 5 seconds)
  • Release the Power button when "Power off" message appears on-screen
  • The TV will begin a reboot sequence and will restart automatically (approx. 1 minute)

Manolo

nevpatt
New

Tv says can't reach google at the moment even though the Tv is connected to wifi. Tried soft reset   No good. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nevpatt - do other thing work ok, such as YouTube?  

profile.country.GB.title
ironhammer66
Explorer

You Tube and Internet Works fine, Netflix, Google Play store all fine. I tried an experiment and uninstalled updates to Google App for Android TV and the voice search worked fine, I then reintsalled updates and still no joy, I tried using it through my Sony Home Cinema system and using the TV's internal speakers, same result. I also tried to change wi-fi network to see if that helped, all to no joy, I still am greeted by "Can't Reach Google at the moment"

rashikw
New

Hi

Has any fix to this issue been released?  Internet to the TV is fine.  I get youtube and can also watch on-demand.  Tested with Wireless connection and Ethernet Cable.  This is a pure voice feature issue.  I am unable to uninstall Google App (cant find how to do this).  There is also no updates for Google app.  Also check  TV firmware and get message I am on the latest version.

Error  message when i attempt to talk: "Can't reach Google at the moment"

Thanks

Dave

Bigal0801
New

Sounds daft but mine was doing the same, changed the batteries in the remote and boom it’s working again!

the tv and remote were functioning fine except the voice feature which just kept saying cannot connect to google.

battery change = voice working = happy family

profile.country.GB.title
reevo6825
New

That worked thankbyou

profile.country.GB.title
NCC1947
Explorer

Google disappeared altogether no app on the generic one. Cannot open Play Store etc 

B18DC2R
New

I had this same problem, I think I figured out the problem, and it wasn't my batteries!

I had recently hooked up Bluetooth headphones to my TV. When I wanted to use the same headphones on my phone while being in front of the tv, I turned the Bluetooth function off on the tv.

I hardly use voice search on the remote so I never figured it out at first because I haven't used voice search in so long.

After I was playing with the voice search settings on the tv it mentioned something about Bluetooth not being On so I turned Bluetooth on and voice search works.