Join now - be part of our community!

Green flickering/glitching KE-65XH9005

profile.country.GB.title
Swifty1229
Explorer

Green flickering/glitching KE-65XH9005

Hi,

I recently purchased a Sony KE-65XH9005. The TV is OK, however, it would be a lot better if when using my firestick I didn't have to deal with a great deal of green glitching across the screen. Doing a Google search I quickly found I'm not the only person to experience this issue with some claiming it has started after the most recent software update. I have tried all the get arounds, change motion flow, take it off Dolby Vision but none of it works. If I take off the Firestick extended and plug it directly into the TV that seems to rectify the issue but I have to plug it in to HDMI 1 otherwise I lose 2 HDMI ports due to the size of the Firestick and HDMI 1 won't let me use my TV remote to control the content, plus and more importantly I shouldn't have to do this!

Sony must be aware of this as there is a lot of talk about it online. What do they plan to do as I am seriously considering returning the TV?

Chris 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Swifty1229 

If the FireStick works when connected directly to an HDMI port, but nor when you use the short HDMI extender cable with it, then logic would seem to dictate that this cable is faulty.

However, if you are changing HDMI ports when you do this, you need to eliminate that as an issue by using the extender cable with the FireStick on HDMI 1, even though you do not strictly need it, to see if the glitches still occur.

If so, this would confirm that the extender cable is at fault, rather than the TV.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Swifty1229
Explorer

Thank you. 

I have ordered a new extender cable to try that.

I have also found that changing the Firestick between 24hz and 50hz seems to help although that does come with a bit of lag on screen.

Piscie
Community Team

Hi Swifty1229,

Since the issue is only happening while connecting a HDMI cable, then it seems to be a cable issue.

Also, make sure to have the latest software version updated which is v6.0466 by pressing Help - Software Update.

profile.country.GB.title
Swifty1229
Explorer

Unfortunately, I couldn't get it sorted and have taken it back and bought a LG OLED which so far has been outstanding in comparison.

Thank you for your help on the matter