Join now - be part of our community!

HDD recording error: "Could not record a part of or all of the event. The main power was powered off

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
AusCory
New

HDD recording error: "Could not record a part of or all of the event. The main power was powered off

Out of the blue, I had the recording error with my HDD. The error reads: 

Could not record a part of or all of the event. The main power was powered off

I tried Googling for the answer to no success. Ended up contacting Sony and they advise the follow. It works for me so hope it helps someone else. Cheers

Please remove all devices connected to the TV before starting, including the Aerial Antenna and all External Devices. Once removed, kindly plug the Aerial Antenna back in at the back of the TV after 10 seconds then follow the instructions below:

1. Press the Home button on the Remote Control.
  2. Go to Settings then select [Storage and Reset].
  3. Under [Storage and Reset] please select [Factory Data Reset] then select [Erase Everything] then [Ok].
  4. The TV should restart and reboot back up as it will be re-installing the software.
  5. After the reboot, the [Initial Setup] screen should load.
  6. Kindly select [English] for the language then the Network Set-up should be at the next page. Kindly set-up the WiFi Connection and choose your Home Network. Please input your Wifi password to connect. There will be a prompt to advise if you have successfully connected.
  7. On the next page, it will say Sign in to Google so kindly click on Skip for now.
  8. Click [Continue] on the Google Terms and Service to move to the next page then select [Yes] for Location.
  9. Under Region and Area, kindly choose Oceania / Australia / then your current location.
  10. Click on [Agree] under Privacy Policy and Upload TV Usage.
  11. On the next page it should say Automatic Software Download, just click [On].
  12. The next screen should advise you to select the Broadcast Type for your Channels. Please select [Digital].

Once you select, the TV should search for all available channels within your location so please wait until it is finished.

1. Once finished, the set-up should advise you how the TV is set-up so kindly select [Table Top] if standing on a table or [Wall Mount] if otherwise.
  2. The next screen should ask if you would like 'Enable Remote Start”, just select [Off].
  3. The last page should advise you that the set-up is completed, so kindly select complete to load the Home Page.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Thanks for posting the solution, @AusCory – much appreciated.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Thanks for posting the solution, @AusCory – much appreciated.

Cheers

Mick