Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI enhanced function not working + updating problems

profile.country.NL.title
papapixie
Explorer

HDMI enhanced function not working + updating problems

This is about the Sony KD-55XE9305

After contacting sony customer support and not getting anywhere, I hope to find a solution at this place.

First off, everything has worked perfectly fine in the past. The only thing changed about the TV is getting an update (currently on version PKG6.5629)

So I have a problem with the 4K HDR signal to my PS4 Pro. Everytime I start a game with HDR support the TV resolution automatically switches to 1080p. In the past I've fixed this problem by setting the HDMI signal option on 'Enhanced'. I didn't use my PS4 for about 3 months but now after starting a game the resolution is set to 1080p again.

The HDMI signal option is still on Enhanced, the PS4 Pro is connected on HDMI port 2 (I've also tried port 1 and 3) and I'm using the HDMI cable delivered with the PS4 Pro (I've also tried two other cables). I also did a factory reset, but nothing seems to solve the problem.

I've also tested the PS4 on another 4k TV without any problems.

The customer support suggested me to remove the power from the TV, which I already did ofcourse and if that didn't work to update my TV to the latest version (PKG6.6510).

So I've downloaded the file with the link they provided and moved the extracted file on an empty USB stick. When I insert the USB into the TV the screen turns green with a progression bar in the middle and a picture below. At about 15-20% of the progression bar the picture below it disappears and it won't go any further. I've waited for at least 2 hours without any progression. Customer support suggested to change the internet connection from WIFI to LAN or from LAN to WIFI (depending on what I use). Same problem again.

So I tried to search for updates with the 'Update Systemsoftware' function on the TV itself, but I can't seem to accept the 'Privacy Policy'. When I click accept I will just get the same message again about accepting the Privacy policy. Customer support suggested to open the YouTube app which should ask for the same thing, but I won't get any message at all, other than logging in with an account.

Does anyone know a solution for any of this?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Papapixie,

Welcome to the community.

We'll look into this and update the thread when we can.

Meanwhile, some of our members may have some advice to offer..

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.NL.title
papapixie
Explorer

Hey there, thanks for the reply.

If you need any more information feel free to ask.

Looking forwards to get some advice for my issues!

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi papapixie,

The update is not yet available for all TVs over the air which can explain what happens when you try updating from the TV itself. I'd recommend you try copying the update file again onto a different USB stick and insert it into the TVs USB port to install the update and let us know what happens. Also, I am curious, are you having the resolution issue with just one game or any game you launch from your PS4 pro?

Cheers,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.NL.title
papapixie
Explorer

Hey Tenneen,

Actually it's not even possible for me to check for updates, because it won't accept the privacy police and keeps asking for it everytime. This happened after I did a factory reset I think.

Using a different USB gives to same problems.

It happens with all games that support HDR. When I check the resolution setting on the PS4 Pro, the 2160p rgb setting is greyed out. This has worked in the past when I enabled the 'Enhanced function' for the HDMI ports of the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi papapixie,

This seems very strange. I'll send this issue to my Sony contact to see what they can do about it.

Best Regards,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.NL.title
papapixie
Explorer

Hey Tenneen,

Did you manage to reach out to your Sony contact?

A little update on my part. I've noticed another firmwae update on the sony site (v6.6520) and wanted to try my luck again, but unfortunately it gives the same problems.

Maybe worth noting; After the updating process gets stuck I have to remove the power from the TV. When I restart the TV I'll get a green/amber blinking light for about 10 sec and then it turns into a solid green or amber (this alternates) light for about 10 seconds. After that the lights goes off for about 15 seconds. This seems to be stuck in a infinite loop. The TV won't respond to the remote.

When I remove the power again and restart the TV, the TV will turn on and I will get a screen telling me the update was successful, but this is not true.