Join now - be part of our community!

HDR not working at all ...for some stuff!

profile.country.GB.title
Steveboobs
Explorer

HDR not working at all ...for some stuff!

Hey all, I've looked around and couldn't find this problem, my HDR is not working AT ALL for Netflix or Google Movies, but IS working for YouTube! This was the case before I updated to Oreo I'm pretty sure.

Ive reset the TV, I've deleted the caches of the apps, but all I get is a clicking sound and then the stream just will not load! It's starting to freak me out a little lol. Any help? 

More info, it's a XE9005, I updated through usb, because I started to have this problem and thought the update would fix it. YouTube streams hdr fine, and switches over to hdr, but doesn't seem to bump up the brightness as it should, I think I've seen ppl talk about that

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

We've referred you to some troubleshooting tips in your last post, you can find them here. You'll also find some info for streaming Netflix here and here

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Steveboobs
Explorer

Thanks for the post

I've basically done those things, and it's not my internet, or my connection to it, I've looked at those too, it was all working just fine, and then it just changed

For me, I kinda thought it was a mix, the apps being updated for Android 8, so not working the same with 7. 

It has though mysteriously and miraculously fixed itself!

All I did was try the same films on the YouTube app as I'd been trying in the Google Movies app, it worked, though not in HDR, I came back to the Google Movies app, tried a hdr film and it worked! They all worked!

I've no idea how or why, which is a little annoying, but there we go

Thanks for the reply anyway