Join now - be part of our community!

Home network showing 3 devices for 1 Sony TV

Home network showing 3 devices for 1 Sony TV

I am writing this post because I have had consistant issues with android TV (freezing, slow and buggey) and my home WiFi network, although I don't believe the two are related.

Now, I have just opened the Network sharing folder on my PC and noticed that my Sony TV is showing 3 devices (see below). Is this normal? If not then how can I fix it? If it is then why are there 3 devices? WiFi a,b,g, or whatever they are??

The reason why I am so interested is mainly because of my wifi issue. I have infinity 2 which is really fast but the radio struggles to connect a lot of the time, and this gets worse when visitors connect to the network. Just thought it might be realated, DHP, IP addresses etc. 

I have a BT home hub 6.

Anyway, some help would be greatly received, and if you are planning on buying an android based TV, DON'T!!!! Can't understand how a £1100 TV (thats now £599) can freeze for 2 days!!!

Home network

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to having the TV listed 3 times in the Network area on you PC, this is normal - see Screenshot:

Network Devices 1.jpg

When I go to the Network Settings > Home Network Setup > Remote device/Renderer and select OFF for the "Remote device/Renderer" then this removes two instances of this in the network area on the PC.  See Screenshot:

Network Devices 2.jpg

However, if I look in my router devices list, it will only list the TV once - therefore the Remote device/Renderer option on the TV is adding two instances for this.

Network Devices 3.jpg

To be honest, I wouldnt worry about that too much, as that is not your issue.  In regards to your TV freezing/slow etc, a new firmware was released on the 7-11-2016 version 3.533 : see HERE - Can you confirm that you have installed this firmware - as many (including myself) have reported that this has seemingly improved the responsiveness of the TV.

Once done - I would recommend you do a factory reset of the TV - see HERE for instructions.

In regards to your Wifi issue - you will probably need to seek the BT forums for that, as it will be an issue with HH6 or something like that.  I personally threw my ISP supplied router in the bin - they are generally USELESS in regards to handling multiple devices and loads.  I have an Asus DSL-AC68U and have never looked back.

Cheers