Join now - be part of our community!

How can I force landscape orientation for apps in Sony TV

profile.country.GB.title
bruno.miguel.leal
Explorer

How can I force landscape orientation for apps in Sony TV

Hi all,

I bought a 55XE8596 and I've installed an app that I couldn't install from Google store. Now it loads in portrait mode instead of landscape mode. Anyone knows how can I force the landscape mode in the TV since Screen settings are disabled in the TV?

Thanks.

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.GB.title
bruno.miguel.leal
Explorer

The box allows me to install the orientation apps and have access to image orientation.

profile.country.GB.title
bruno.miguel.leal
Explorer

what exactly is that ACTION MENU?

profile.country.GB.title
gcac2828

In the Sony Android settings there is an option to activate unknown sources., this will enable you to install any apk.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

what exactly is that ACTION MENU?

See button on your remote...

The box allows me to install the orientation apps and have access to image orientation.

sounds different from:

If Sony doesn't block it where exactly is the option for Screen Orientation as I have on my Android TV box?

profile.country.GB.title
bruno.miguel.leal
Explorer

That setting allowed me to install the app that I'm having issues with orientation, but all the "Set Orientation" apks that I try to download have the INSTALL button greyed out, so I can't install...

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

That setting exists as @gcac2828 pointed out, see this video.

Whenever the "install" button refused to activate, the ACTION MENU helped. But if I remember correctly that was only with some specific FW versions. Dunno whether Sony wanted to prevent sideloading or something.

profile.country.GB.title
gcac2828

To download filelinked use this link.

https://www.filelinked.com/

profile.country.GB.title
bruno.miguel.leal
Explorer

You could have found so many things, if you just googled, orientation option (or rotate option) is available in multiple Android TV Boxes, as for example Ugoos UT3s, V88, etc...

profile.country.GB.title
bruno.miguel.leal
Explorer

Thanks again gcac2828,

I'll try that later today, but first I'll try the ACTION MENU thing to see if the INSTALL button becomes available.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

You could have found so many things, if you just googled, orientation option (or rotate option) is available in multiple Android TV Boxes, as for example Ugoos UT3s, V88, etc...

Those are not Android TV at all. They are Android! Their primary intent is to bring web services for mobile to the TV. So exactly what you want to do. Android TV is different. Completey different business model. You really don't know what you are talking about, just making false claims!