Join now - be part of our community!

How Close Running Apps on My Android TV Oreo?

profile.country.RO.title
bradulescu
Explorer

How Close Running Apps on My Android TV Oreo?

"Press and hold the HOME button"  not working in the Android TV Oreo

Tags (1)
20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Press and hold Home
Scroll to the app you want to close and keep the central button on the remote control pressed
Choose "Information"
Choose "Forced shutdown"
Choose "OK"

Manolo

profile.country.RO.title
bradulescu
Explorer

not working,

profile.country.GB.title
Waalpaul
Explorer

I fully agree that there is no proper way to find out which apps are open on a tv and a simple way to close open apps. Example, if you have an radio app open and switch to another app with sound, both come through the speakers at the same time!  Can the Sony engineers please fix this? 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

There is no solution or anything to fix, it is a feature that Google has eliminated from Oreo and Sony has adapted.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
Waalpaul
Explorer

Hi Marino,

OK, thanks for the fast reply, at least I can stop with looking!  

profile.country.GB.title
PixarAnimated
Explorer

As said you can Force Stop but this isn’t at all ideal when viewing lots of random content and building up a lot of cache.

BUT

There is a very easy solution.

Once a week.

PRESS HOME

GO TO SETTINGS

GO TO ABOUT

PRESS RESTART

THEN RESTART

This will reboot the TV to fresh and you will not lose any settings in fact it’s easier than closing the apps individually.

profile.country.GB.title
Waalpaul
Explorer

Hi PixarAnimated,

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, that is an option, but that takes too much time. When I have a Radio station app open en switch to another app with sound, that radio app keep on working, so I got two apps blaring through each other.  Lets hope that the developers will improve on this in the future.

profile.country.RO.title
bradulescu
Explorer

...Lets hope that the developers will improve on this in the future. Unfortunately, today, there is no solution

profile.country.GB.title
PixarAnimated
Explorer

You’re right if one app affects another it would take longer to restart than to close an app but for those just wanting to know everything is closed, a restart only takes a minute and is well worth doing occasionally.  I noticed a considerable speedup on my set after the first time.

Bizarre they removed such an intuitive feature as simple as closing an app though.  It is the first thing I noticed on upgrading to Oreo. 

Why do they make these crazy decisions.