Join now - be part of our community!

How do I set a reminder for an upcoming programme

profile.country.GB.title
Paulad
Explorer

How do I set a reminder for an upcoming programme

I have just bought the kd32w800pu. I want to set a reminder for any upcoming programme but when I go into the guide, select enter on programme it comes up the programme is currently unavailable. This is in Freeview play so I can't see any other guide to pick programmes to watch. Surely this is a basic function. Am I doing something wrong. The only option is when the arrow is in a programme and this then loads up on the Freeview play.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Have a look at this article, this tells you how to schedule a recording, but section 3

informs if you want to schedule a reminder instead click on Schedule Type.

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/iaepm1/v1/en/2_4_2_2_2_schedule_a_recording.html?hl=setting+a+reminder

Full On-line manual is here, 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-32w800/manuals

profile.country.GB.title
Paulad
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. So it's like an old fashioned way. I need to set a start time and end time as opposed to just pressing record on the TV guide like my previous TV? Thanks Paula

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

I thought you were talking about setting a reminder on your TV.

Have you followed the instructions that I posted three weeks ago.

Not having the same TV as you it is difficult to go through the steps.

But from the instructions it sounds like once you have identified the programme you want to set a reminder for

you press the OK button and you should see Schedule type and you press that to get the option to set a reminder.

If you are wanting to record a programme there should be no need to set individual start and finish times, the Schedule Type option should give the options for Record or Reminder.

profile.country.GB.title
Paulad
Explorer

Yes sorry for the delay, I thought I would have got an email to let me know there was an answer so sorry again. Yes all the other TVs in the house seem to navigate this way, just hit ok and it will say record or schedule to watch etc. This just says that it's not available, like it's wanting to play on the I player or whatever channel it's on , so it's through Freeview play. A future program can not be scheduled to record unless I enter record, channel, start time, end time. Very old style. I read another review after I bought it and the lady said that it was a shame the record is so backward in time. I just thought there was an easier way.

profile.country.GB.title
Paulad
Explorer

Number 2 on your list of instructions means to add in all this information on my tv

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

When writing a question or a reply there is a checkbox top right of the page where you can select to have an e-mail notification of a reply.

From looking at the instructions for your TV it does look like you have to set individual start and stop times for recordings.

I've never had a Sony TV that used such an archaic way to set recordings.

All mine have been able to schedule a recording or reminder by a couple of clicks on the remote via the TV guide.

seems like a very backward step from Sony. 

Been looking at reviews on John Lewis people are quite annoyed by this.

For Example,

worst sony I have ever had

Poor tv software is not very good, manual does not describe this tv lots of options not there
have had to factory reset twice since purchase. to record a program its like setting a 70's VCR
profile.country.GB.title
Paulad
Explorer

Thanks a million for all your help. Sorry for troubling you and giving you bother. As long as I'm not stupid and doing something wrong. Yes you are right very old school, like back in time. Still I have it now so I'll have to deal with it. Thanks again