Join now - be part of our community!

How to detach power supply kd-49x8309c for wall mounting

How to detach power supply kd-49x8309c for wall mounting

Hey there,

I am trying to remove/ detach power supply so I can wall mount my 49" Sony. There's a small panel on the back of the tv where the power cord is -  should I unscrew and detach there? The other end of power supply has a mounded plug so cannot unscrew. If I remove and attach normal plug would warranty (I've just bought the tv) be negated?

many thanks in advance : ) 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im assuming your tv does not have an external power brick and therefore the power cable is fixed to the tv.  If so, yes this would probably void warranty if you start modifying it in any way.

Besides the point though.  I dont get why it needs to be removed to wall mount the tv.  

Please refer to the wall mount instructions:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/C150100111.pdf

Cheers

Hi there. I'm running cables inside wall via trunking. So I can get the plug in before sealing trunking into wall, but once sealed I won't be able to remove power supply as plug too big for trunking. So I'd like to be able to detach power cable if feasible.

Sent from my iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im posting the following diagrams - but it is for the X850c model - but imagine it is similar.  Obviously you do this at your own risk.  However I wish you all the best.

_20160223_161045.JPG

Cheers

PS: Unless Im not getting it - i dont see how you will be able to screw this back together on the tv side once the cable is in the trunking, does your trunking not have a removable and resealable front cover?

GeraldDemartini
Explorer

Thanks for the amazing answer. It helps a lot to understand the wall mounting. Good Post

Hi there. Thanks a lot for the info. The trunking is inside the wall, so I can't remove trunking front cover, and won't be large enough for a mains plug, hence wanting detach power cord at tv end. The back of my tv has the same panel as in your pics, I'm wondering how I detach the cord in pic no 5? Is it a clip or would you just pull. Also do I negate warranty if I do this? 

Many thanks : ) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im pretty confident that this method would negate warranty.  I dont have information about whether its a clip or just pull it off.  The more i think about this, the more worried i become.  I cannot see how you can connect the power cable back up once mounted on the wall.

Can i propose sn alternative solution that is actually easier and will not void warranty?

Proposal:

• This has a removable plug.  Simply unscrew one end and feed it through the wall.  Then connect the plug back on again.  
  • Use a couple of electrical plastic ties to bind up the fixed tv power cable and hind it at the back of the tv.

Whats your thoughts on this?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Using an extension lead or something similar would be a more reasonable solution..

Tampering with the original wiring of the Bravia would void the warranty & could prove expensive later..