Join now - be part of our community!

How to get low input lag for PS4 Pro on KD43XE8005?

profile.country.GB.title
Braddderrrs
Explorer

How to get low input lag for PS4 Pro on KD43XE8005?

Hi, I have this model arriving later today and I'm wondering what the best way is for me to set this TV up if I mainly use it for gaming where low input lag is desirable (fast paced games like Fortnite, Battlefield 1 - though I do play other games where the visuals are a big deal, e.g. Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4). I've tried to do a bit of research and I know that there is a game mode that will serve to reduce input lag, however if this drastically reduces the quality of the picture then I doubt I will want to use it (what would be the point of me having bought a PS4 Pro and 4K TV?). I am coming from using Samsung TV's where it was quite a simple process of just changing the HDMI name to PC, which resulted in a very good picture and low input lag to go with it. I've seen some posts around on various forums that mentioned a firmware update for Sony 4k TVs that served to reduce input lag across all modes - people were mistakenly thinking that this update was meant to bring out a HDR game mode though. And these posts are generally from more than a year ago. I'm sure things might have developed since then with these newer models, and more recent updates?

There are a couple of websites around that measure input lag on different models of TV's but unfortunately it doesn't seem there is any recorded data on this one, so I won't find out what it's like until later.

As a side note, I will also want to use this TV for watching Netflix, movies, etc. So would I have to change the picture settings back and forth depending on what I'm using the TV for? I'm guessing yes. Though perhaps not - maybe I am able to play games in HDR just with one setting turned off e.g. MotionFlow? And there's not a huge issue with input lag? Then I guess if I wanted to watch a movie I'd just have to switch that setting back on?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

It's basically a case of turning off all the post processing options,  setting your motion controls to OFF and so on,  game mode will do this all for you anyway and the picture should be plenty good enough, if not though you could always start turning a few things back on one by one and seeing if it has any discernable impact or not. 

The best work around for this for the moment even before the latest update is as follows and it works for me on my 2015 55" x9305c.

before you launch a HDR game on any console and you want to swith off all motion enhancement to reduce input lag, all you have to do is change the picture setting to HDR Video from game ( the colours will look wrong but will correct one game is launched) then go down to the motion setting and turn every thing off and adjust other setting to your preferance. then when you go back to game mode or launch a game from there HDR Video will remain locked to your previous settings. you will thenl have to change things back for movies till sony wake up and fix this. works with XBOX X  PS4 Pro and 4k Blueray.

this should work for any sony andriod HDR tv.