Join now - be part of our community!

How to type letters using remote control in the youtube search engine?

alexey.lekomcev
Explorer

How to type letters using remote control in the youtube search engine?

Hi. In my remote control I have letters above each button. I've connected to youtube search engine and can type using on-screen keyboard but I cann't type using letters on my remote control. How can I do this? 

My remote control is RMT-TXT101E

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You need to use the on screen keyboard for YouTube and various other apps using the arrow and ok buttons. 

Cheers

alexey.lekomcev
Explorer

And what about my question? Is it possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I dont think its possible.  Ive just had a go on my tv and cant see a way of doing it

3phone
Explorer

Hi,

I think that it is not possible to use the letters above the numeric buttons (like typing with the older mobile phones). Because my TV came without the One Flich remote control, I am using my smartphone with the TV Side View App. It is very easy to use it, you have the standard remote control, touch pad (like laptop), also a keyboard. So if you have smartphone try it, I am sure you will like it!

Regards,

3phone

I have downloaded the app for my tablet to access the tv from it. However I wish to enter my email address on the amazon app. The buttons on the remnote won't work and I can't get the keyboard from my tablet to appear. What should I be doing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @balena2724

Just use the on-screen keyboard that pops up on the TV

Cheers