Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ZF9 Soundbar and tv issue

profile.country.GB.title
Saintmiko

HT-ZF9 Soundbar and tv issue

I have sony ht-zf9 sound bar connected to sony kd-55xe8596 via hdmi 3 arc input. All been working fine but now have an issue of losing tv sound after both have been turned off and back on. I have tried everything from changing hdmi cable through to resetting both to factory settings. I can get it to work again after having both turned off and go through the initial set up but once I switch all off I have no tv sound again. I have a ps4 pro and Xbox series x plugged into the sound bar as well on hdmi 1 and hdmi 2 and both have sound and no issues. The problem only on tv input on soundbar. I've checked all settings and appear correct. Any advice or help will be great as it's driving me mad as not sure if it's a problem with tv arc or soundbar.

Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Saintmiko

Thanks I read through and it sounds like the same issue. I'm at the stage of the only way I can get it to work again is unplug cables and tv and sound bar then reconnect all. I now have to do this every time I turn tv on-off. Very frustrating and logged a call with Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Jharps

It is a strange one, I thought at first with my PS4 being in sleep mode it maybe be stealing the signal or something but stripping all settings back I’m trying to do an elimination process, would be great if you could define your setup and try these tests also?

profile.country.GB.title
Saintmiko

It is strange one but looks like we are not alone with the issue. I've gone through all settings on both tv and sound bar trying to eliminate the issue and so far nothing jumps out. I agree it looks like a pass through issue is causing it. Hopefully Sony will respond and have a solution. 

profile.country.GB.title
Jharps

Can you post this reply on the other thread I tagged you earlier? Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Saintmiko

Well reported to Sony and they have been in touch and suggested a couple of things to try. First to turn off bravia sync on both devices. Didn't make any difference. Messaged them back and updated them and they then suggested that I try another soundbar and see if it does the same thing. They ended the message with get back to us if you have any other questions. Not too happy with the response to be honest.

profile.country.GB.title
Jharps

wow.

So sony want us to buy another soundbar??? - how about they send us one to test!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Saintmiko

Yeah I was not pleased with response. I can understand it's difficult to know if it's the TV or soundbar that's causing the issue but they have not really tried in my opinion. I've now come up with a little work around and everything is still connected as it was and I've added the optical cable. So at least I've now got sound from TV. It's not ideal but saves having to take all cables out and unplug units etc everytime. Now waiting to see if I get a response from my last email.

profile.country.GB.title
Saintmiko

Another update from Sony today with some more things to try around Bravia Sync which didn't work but makes me thing thats what they suspect is causing the issue. They also said they expect the issue to be resolved in a future firmware update. So I'm guessing I just have to hold tight and wait for an update.