Join now - be part of our community!

Image quality issues between PS4 Slim and Sony KD-55XE7005 TV

Dziu1818
New

Image quality issues between PS4 Slim and Sony KD-55XE7005 TV

Hello,

I have just bought a Sony KD-55XE7005 TV (2017 model) and I have a 500gb PS4 Slim. When I hook up the ps4 to any of the 3 HDMI inputs, the image quality when playing any game is not crisp, or clear and is pixelated (looking at the character models they rough and jagged).

On PS4 Slim under Sound & Screen all video output options are set to Automatic and I do have the latest firmware installed.

On my KD-55XE7005 TV I have manually updated to the v8.64 firmware update via the USB method. When using the HDMI 2 & 3 ports I have tried switching the output quality from Standard to Enhanced, tried to switch the AV presets from Always to Auto, I also have tried to disable various Advanced Settings such as Noise Reduction to Off etc... however the image quality is still not crisp and is pixelated. Have tried the various Picture Select modes such as Game, General, Sports, Cinema etc...

When using such apps as Netflix on the TV, there are no image quality issues, the image quality is crisp and clear. I have read that Sony Bravia TVs have issues with HDMI inputs but then again this TV was being advertised as perfect for your PS4 or does this mean it will only calibrate with a PS4 Pro to produce proper image quality?

Has anybody had these types of issues? Do not know what to try anymore.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Perhaps someone in the community can advise if they have had similar issues.   I would also recommend getting in touch with the support team here who will be able to help you further. 

Best wishes,

Sean Mc