Join now - be part of our community!

Info banner keeps popping

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

Info banner keeps popping

Hi,

I have just bought a new sony tv 49XE9005. I have connected apple tv 4 using a hdmi cable.

I am playing a movie on apple tv using an app called "infuse player". Each time I start or stop a movie or rewind/forward, i see an info banner popping up on the top of the screen showing hdmi 2.

I understand that this banner shows each time you change a source but how come it is showing every single time I play a movie or stop or rewind or forward? Is there no way disable this?

I have checked the software version; it says up to date. I have also checked that the tv is not in retail mode. I have also reset the tv but still this banner keeps popping up.

Any help please?

53 REPLIES 53
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi jonH68, I'm so sorry for you. I can only imagine. Which model do you have? Maybe I can help ^^

profile.country.GB.title
jonH68
Explorer

Hi - model is KD49XG9005.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
spacaman
Explorer

i have same problem ... it is not solved yet ?

i dont want to turn off info banner completely...

profile.country.GB.title
Nykkuno
Explorer

Like many people I have tried the suggestions in this thread, to no avail.

The only thing that worked for me was to go into the YouView app settings and clear the app data.

There were no side effects from doing this, other than that damn banner stopped popping up every 30 seconds.

I hope that this helps someone for who the banner issue is driving them nuts! 😛

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Hi,

We're sorry to hear that so many of you are facing this issue with your Sony TVs, we're still investigating this issue with the utmost urgency as we understand how inconvenient and distracting this can be.

We've released an update for some models on the 24th of last month, we recommend making sure your TV is up to date,

We'll be sharing more information soon.

profile.country.GB.title
spacaman
Explorer

we are up to date... and we are still waiting new updates to solve this problem 

profile.country.IT.title
eMox83
Explorer

Hi. Same issue on my 49xf9005. The soundbar HT-ZF9 is connected to the HDMI 3 ARC of the TV, and the Xbox One X is connected to the HDMI 1 of the soundbar. When playing with the Xbox the HDMI 3 ARC banner appears and then disappears every 2-3 minutes. I just noticed the issue.

It happens also when I'm on the soundbar Home (hence without using the Xbox). So it seems a problem between TV and soundbar.

I have been getting this same issue for a long time now it’s so annoying Sony. 

I have the Sony A1 and STR1080.

Apple TV 4k

Sky Q

playstation 

all connected to receiver via ARC. 

is there a solution to this please? All software up to date. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Barry-richards, there's a know issue and Sony has been working on it. A possible software update is expected.

profile.country.GB.title
jonH68
Explorer

It is now two months since I reported this to Sony who again today have told me it remains under ongoing investigation. Meanwhile my tv which is less than 6 months old has been rendered unwatchable through no fault of mine - this used to be a good tv. I wonder if I can claim a replacement under my 5 year warranty ?