Join now - be part of our community!

Info banner keeps popping

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

Info banner keeps popping

Hi,

I have just bought a new sony tv 49XE9005. I have connected apple tv 4 using a hdmi cable.

I am playing a movie on apple tv using an app called "infuse player". Each time I start or stop a movie or rewind/forward, i see an info banner popping up on the top of the screen showing hdmi 2.

I understand that this banner shows each time you change a source but how come it is showing every single time I play a movie or stop or rewind or forward? Is there no way disable this?

I have checked the software version; it says up to date. I have also checked that the tv is not in retail mode. I have also reset the tv but still this banner keeps popping up.

Any help please?

53 REPLIES 53
profile.country.IT.title
eMox83
Explorer

Turning off the banner is not even a real "solution". It's just a work around.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Ratsea34, unfortunately, this model is one of the two models which don't have the option. Sony has been working on a solution and it's been said it might be a new software, keep an eye on the support page. Good luck!

profile.country.GB.title
Ratsea34
Explorer

I thought I would recheck the Sony site for any progress on this problem, and found there was a Software update that specifically mentioned the Banner Problem was fixed. It was dated 26/5/2021. Yeaaah.

I was surprised the TV hadn't automatically checked in standby.

I downloaded and updated, and it is fixed BUT you have to manually switch off the banner option in the TV menu or there is no change by default. The above instructions now work for the KD-XG9005 at least.

Thanks Sony.

Richard

profile.country.GB.title
marmedin5
Explorer

Thank you !! Good to know because it was getting me annoyed 😒, I will try now.