Join now - be part of our community!

Input/timer bar cant be turned off SONY KD49XG8305

profile.country.GB.title
Molyslip44
Explorer

Input/timer bar cant be turned off SONY KD49XG8305

I'm sorry to raise this subject again but it's driving me mad. Lots of help and advice available but the options aren't available on my TV or I haven't found them! 

• Press the [HOME] button on the remote control
  • Scroll down to 'Settings' and press [OK] 
  • Select 'Channel Setup' and press [OK] Option not displayed
  • Scroll down to 'Info banner' and press [OK] Option not displayed
  • Select 'Off' and press [OK[
  • Then return out of everything

Is there another option that may be hidden elsewhere?

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.GB.title
Molysony
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for the detailed info. Unfortunately, my set up with underfloor cabling and distance from TV

to main wiring hub inputs make this workaround difficult for me. My technical ability to make the changes would also be stretched. Your prompt response appreciated though.

Wish the same could be said of SONY technical support for an obviously well-documented problem.

profile.country.GB.title
CosmicCat

Sony have just released firmware update v6.7165 with a fix for this problem. I haven't been brave enough to install it yet. Think I'd rather wait for the dust to settle. Good luck.

profile.country.GB.title
Molysony
Explorer

Hi

Thanks so much for the update. I share your reservations... It might solve the time-bar issue but unload another that will take 5 months to resolve. I'll follow the community to see if the update is stable and works.

G

profile.country.GB.title
Molysony
Explorer

Hi

Just checked and the newer firmware update hasn't arrived on my TV. The wait for a solution continues. If SONY thinks it fixes a problem for a range of TVs surely it should arrive on those models ASAP?

profile.country.GB.title
CosmicCat

I believe the automatic updates are pushed out to tvs in a staggered fashion. Presumably so as not to overwhelm Sony servers? If you want the update immediately you can download and install it manually via USB.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/software/00262498

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Molysony, with new firmware updates it takes time to be available over the air. And in some cases the larger updates might not even be available for over the air download. You can use the manual update as CosmicCat  suggested. Or wait for a while to get the automatic update.