Join now - be part of our community!

Installing Bose soundbar 600

profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

Installing Bose soundbar 600

Hi

We have a 2019 49” Sony. I’m thinking of buying the soundbar mentioned, so wondered if there were any known compatibility issues?

(Don’t have a soundbar currently)

Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
Piscie
Community Team

Hello @SteveStacey, so what's the full model name of the TV? And how are you going to connect the Bose soundbar to it? I can help with the available connection methods, but I am not sure if the Bose soundbar has any known compatibility issues or not, so I think you will need to check with Bose support before purchasing.

profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

Thanks. It’s a KD49XF9005 2019 49 “. I intend to connect via the e arc connection on the TV. 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@SteveStacey 

That’s a 2018 model number, though maybe you bought it in 2019?

The TV is only ARC, so you won’t get true uncompressed Dolby Atmos out of it, just the compressed Netflix version, maybe. But the soundbar’s TrueSpace audio processing will give you an Atmos-like sound experience, depending on how good that is.

And the eARC on the soundbar will stand you in good stead if you later upgrade your TV; though the soundbar is not quite 2/3 of the width of your 49” TV, and would be even less of the width of a larger TV, something to bear in mind, so I hope it can fling out sound to the sides as well as upwards.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

Thanks. Think we’ll have to stick with the bog standard arc, as brother kindly gave us TV. (Yep he bought from John Lewis in 2019)