Join now - be part of our community!

iPad to KD65XG9505BU

profile.country.GB.title
Stehockey123
New

iPad to KD65XG9505BU

I need to be able to put my iPad onto my Sony KD65XG9505BU whether this be in mirror format or another kind that I’m unaware or. Main purpose of this is for one of these zoom quizzes so the family can see it clearer on the tv. 
I’ve tried a few things off other forums to no avail, has anybody done this wirelessly? Or would a lightning to hdmi cable do the trick? 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you have installed the latest Android Pie firmware for your it should appear as an airplay device on your iPad

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xg95xx_x95xxg-series/kd-65xg9505/download...

profile.country.GB.title
Stehockey123
New

I’ve updated iPhone, iPad and tv to the latest software versions but still can’t see the tv in the mirroring devices available. 
mon the tv it says the device should support Miracast - I think Apple is airplay but could be wrong, any ideas. 
Thank you

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you have all those Apple devices you should know that airplay is your option, miracast and mirroring are something intel/microsoft related (and abandoned BTW)

so check again your fw version and look for airplay setting on your tv and device