Join now - be part of our community!

iplayer outside UK with Sony Android Bravia TV

SOLVED
rolandscriven
Explorer

iplayer outside UK with Sony Android Bravia TV

Hi,

I have a fairly new KDL-43W805C Sony Android TV. I'm outside the UK but use a smart VPN DNS. It seems with most other TVs (including old Sonys) this should be enough to get UK apps like Iplayer and Demand 5. You just change your settings and "refresh internet content". However, it seems that this is impossible with the new Sony Android TVs - is this true?

Is there anyway to get iPlayer and Demand 5 to work? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rolandscriven
Explorer

Hi,

I figured it out. After setting up the smart DNS - if you clear data and cache from the sony select app and then restart it - it works a charm!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rolandscriven
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks. It's not a VPN but a smart DNS. Sorry, my mistake for getting that wrong. And I have the iPlayer working fine - just the normal Android version - where I have to use the mouse. In Sony Select I also see other apps like Sky TV etc being offered. I was just curious if there was a way to enable the native app in Sony Select? Or could you tell me what steps I might take if I were in the UK?

Many thanks

rolandscriven
Explorer

Hi,

I figured it out. After setting up the smart DNS - if you clear data and cache from the sony select app and then restart it - it works a charm!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent.  Glad you got it sorted.

curtberry
New

hello im still having trouble getting the iplayer app to appear in sony select i have set up a smart dns and cleared the cash and data.

any help would be grate 

thanks