Join now - be part of our community!

ITV channel 1 not available in ITV hub. KD55XH9505

profile.country.GB.title
truthseeker2
Explorer

ITV channel 1 not available in ITV hub. KD55XH9505

Recently bought the Sony KD55XH9505 and finding that the itv hub loads easily as does BBC i player etc. Problem is that the ITV hub will give me all channels except ITV 1 (Which happens to be the channel most sought by my other half  for Coronation St catchup). Tried carrying out a fix which other users have used, having experienced the same issue on different Sony tv models, but cannot find an app on this tv 'YVservicehostAPK'  where clearing the cache then clearing data could possibly produce a solution. Anyone else having this problem or does anyone have a fix which could work on this set?

92 REPLIES 92
profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53
profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Hi still not working for me. Contacted Sony UK via twitter and have just had an email from them....see below. It's quite a list😂

Thank you for contacting Sony support. 

With reference to your enquiry, please reply with the below information, so we would be able to investigate the issue further: 

1- Mac Address (HOME -Settings - Network - Advanced settings - Network status) 

2- IP address (HOME - Settings - Network set up - Advanced settings - Network status) 

3- The Device ID (HOME - Help - System information) 

4- Check Connection from (HOME - Settings - System settings - Set up - Network - Network set up - View Network settings and status) and reply with the feedback 

5- Your current Post code. 

6- Internet service provider/ Brand AND model of the router. (Contact your internet Provider) 

7- Are you using VPN / Proxy / Anonymizer / TOR service to access the Internet? (Contact your internet Provider) 

8- What are you using FTTH, or Broadband? (Contact your internet Provider) 

9- Are you connected to internet via WIFI or via LAN cable? 

10- What is the public IP address by visiting "www.whatismyip.com"? (On your computer) 

11- What is actual internet speed using "SpeedTest.net"? (On your computer) 

12-Does the issue happen on different applications? 

13-Have you tried LAN connection? 

14-What is the software version on the TV? (Help - System information) 

Should you have further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail. 

Thank you for your enquiry. 

Yours sincerely, 
Hanan

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
SUPPORT: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

Sony Europe B.V.
Registered office: The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0XW, United Kingdom
Registered company number: 71682147

SUPPORT BY SONY

Never miss an update again.
Find information & receive instant notifications
about your Sony products.

profile.country.GB.title
truthseeker2
Explorer

Hi, How remiss of them to not ask what you had for breakfast!!!! WOW what a list, I hope you are able to meet those requirements without spending too much time. Sorry the reset fix was useless to you but hopefully with Sony geeks on your case maybe you will get to the bottom of this problem. Happy new year and keep us updated. Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
James2-J
Explorer

I registered on this forum just to respond to this topic:- I am having the exact same issue as the original poster, (same model of TV, ITV Hub will not allow me to access ITV1 programmes because it can't find my location, everything else on the TV works fine).

I even followed the suggested solution posted here (do a factory reset) but it did not work. Same issue persists. 

A real shame, new TV, you'd think you could at least expect the basic on-demand services to work. Not happy.

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Mine is still not working 

If Sony know what the problem is they are not saying.

I'm into twitter now to see if I can shame them into action.

I guess most people with this issue are using workarounds to get to itvhub like going on itvhub on their tablet and casting it to their really expensive smart Sony TV.

profile.country.GB.title
Ali1802
Explorer

Hi there, 

just bought a brand new Sony tv and having exact same problem, have tried full factory reset but to no avail, now having to sign back in to all the other channels!

anything else I can try?

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

I have Sony UK and youview support on twitter in a conversation currently. First time I've managed to get a reply from youview .

I'll let you know how I get on. 

Sony think it should work ok on these latest TV's.

Youview think the same, should be able to get itv hub without an aerial connected.

Just sent them both a video of what happens.

profile.country.GB.title
James2-J
Explorer

Probably needs a firmware update or software update to sort out, like you say most people are probably just using chromecast or a tv box or Amazon stick etc instead.

The sad truth is I'll probably have to resort to getting a cheap Amazon stick to plug in just for ITV Hub, as I'm generally satisfied with the tv it's too much hassle to return it and get a different model just for this. I expect I'm not the only one to have concluded this.

profile.country.GB.title
Ali1802
Explorer

I have had the same response from Sony, have you responded to this will all of this information and if so, what were they next steps they gave you, or have you not had a response! thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
Ali1802
Explorer

is there guidance on how to do this somewhere?