Join now - be part of our community!

ITV channel 1 not available in ITV hub. KD55XH9505

profile.country.GB.title
truthseeker2
Explorer

ITV channel 1 not available in ITV hub. KD55XH9505

Recently bought the Sony KD55XH9505 and finding that the itv hub loads easily as does BBC i player etc. Problem is that the ITV hub will give me all channels except ITV 1 (Which happens to be the channel most sought by my other half  for Coronation St catchup). Tried carrying out a fix which other users have used, having experienced the same issue on different Sony tv models, but cannot find an app on this tv 'YVservicehostAPK'  where clearing the cache then clearing data could possibly produce a solution. Anyone else having this problem or does anyone have a fix which could work on this set?

92 REPLIES 92
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@truthseeker2 

Are you in Scotland? if so, you cannot have ITV1, but you need to use the STV Player to get STV instead,

Scots customers can lie about their postcode and get ITV1 on most Players, but on these Sony TVs it is being checked against the transmitter you are receiving from.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
truthseeker2
Explorer

Hi, Thanks for replying so quickly. To answer your question no I live in the midlands and have 2 other smart tv's, one being another Sony and both of those have no issues in giving the full array of ITV channels.

When I try to select ITV1 from the channels selection it gives a message saying not available because it does not know the region then invites a postcode. I start to insert postcode and this shows as recognised after just 2 characters. However immediately after this I try to select ITV1 and the same issue arises again. Completely confused by this so if you have any idea about a solution I would be most grateful.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@truthseeker2 

Going right back to basics, have you tuned in ITV, such that you can see it in position 3 on the EPG?

profile.country.GB.title
truthseeker2
Explorer

Hi Royabrown2,

Sorry for the long delay but this site would not let me log in for the past 2 weeks. Suddenly started up again today!!

To answer your last question:

Yes I have and ITV hub does appear in 3rd slot. As stated previous, I am able to open up ITV hub and can select any progs from all other channels, (2, 3, 4, CITV, & ITVBe) apart from ITV 1. When I try to select this from the 'Channels' Drop down menu it states 'not available as we havent been able to recognise your region'. I input my postcode and after just 2 characters it flags 'Region recognised', however when I then try to select channel 1 again  it goes back to the not available flag! Any ideas on a fix will be much appreciated. Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@truthseeker2 

Hi - what I meant was what does broadcast channel 3 show?

And with the postcode, try not stopping after two characters, but put the whole thing in, and see if it sticks.

If that fails, find another Midlands postcode, and try entering that, see if it likes that any better.

profile.country.GB.title
truthseeker2
Explorer

In broadcast I am able to receive all ITV channels and being only 6 miles from the main transmitter our signal strength is top notch.

The ITV channels all appear in the guide and are all selectable so they appear to all have been correctly tuned in.

Does this help?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
truthseeker2
Explorer

Tried resetting ITV hub. Tried using a different postcode. Tried using full postcode as you suggested but all to no avail

profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

I had this problem with ITV1 on the hub and managed to fix it.  I cleared the relevant app cache and data and it has worked fine since.  Using remote, press home and go into settings.  Click on apps.   Now choose the app you want to clear the cache (ITV).  Look for clear cache and select.  Click OK.   If problem still exists, do the same again but this time click on clear all data and then select OK.  I did both and things have worked fine since.

Hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
truthseeker2
Explorer

Hi Jewers,

Thanks for your input into trying to find a fix for this problem. I have carried out the cache clearing and also the data clearing but alas it still has not managed to provide the fix. I did try this several times but all in vain. Think my next course of action is to call Richer Sounds (Supplier) and see if they can provide a solution. Pity really because this is a replacement TV to my failed Samsung (4 repairs in 4 years) and apart from this small issue all else seems fine so far with the Sony.

Fingers crossed as we enter the next round!

Cheers