Join now - be part of our community!

ITV Hub gets stuck after adverts

profile.country.GB.title
Mr-Pez

ITV Hub gets stuck after adverts

I've read a lot on various forums but I haven't found a solution to this.

When I try to use ITV Hub I can usually get to the first set of adverts but then the playback just stops. If I try and stop and then resume from where I left off I get the privilage of watching the adverts again but it doesn't get to the programme.

This is only on my Sony Bravia KD-49X8305C. I can watch online or on a firestick without issue. My TV is up to date with firmware V5.433. My ISP is Vodafone. I tried watching through a VPN but that didn't work either.

I used to have the same problem with All4 but it seemed to get resolved with a software update.

Are there any fixes here? Its very frustrating as I get this TV for its 'Smart' features and figured that an Adroid would be a good bet but I've never not had issues like these.

42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.GB.title
Mr-Pez

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I've tried most of them (not a full reset) and it doesn't work so I've given up and have opted for a kodi addon. Not what I would choose but at least it works for the rare occasion I want it.

profile.country.GB.title
RD1951
Explorer

You could always get a usb memory stick and pre-record your programs till an update is avalable. Thats how i got mine working againSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
profile.country.GB.title
baconable
New

also have same problem but cannot find a solution,  sony absolutely no help at all.  wont ever buy a sony tv again and will advise anyone else not to buy one.  total crap

profile.country.GB.title
markgalbraith
Explorer

I have the same model and experience similar problems. Most often i get half way through a program and after an advert break, the program starts from the begining again.. so annoying and the only way to get round it is to fast forward until just after the advert break..

Mostly i fix these little issues by forcing a soft reboot (press+hold power button on the remote). 

I've never had to do a factory reset. any problems i have come across are usually resolved by the reboot.

profile.country.GB.title
seniyawr
Explorer

thank you for all the suggestions however i have tried everything plus a factory reset and nothing resolved the problem so i too like Mr-PEZ have given up until Sony can come up with a fix as it is clearly an issue with YouView and this model TV. ITV HUB on my Panasonic TV and Freeview no problems whatsoever !

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Does Youview actually even ever get updated on the Sony TVs anymore? Not heard anything for a long time about it.

You could try posting over on the Youview community, https://community.youview.com/youview/

Aaskill
Explorer

YouView forum gives the answer! 

Re-do the initial set up, and consent to all when asked.

Worked for me after a very frustrating afternoon! I’m a bit annoyed that Sony effectively control what I consent to though!

Gareth3368
Explorer

Not worked for me. Gave up. Sony you need to have pride in your product  and fix the problem.

profile.country.GB.title
jeczupr
New

I have 5 Sony TVs and they are all doing the same thing. Updates all applied. 

profile.country.GB.title
rosmcc
Explorer

A new Sony Bravia KDL32WE613, purchased mid November 2019. All worked beautifully till one week ago, when the ITV Hub stopped working after the first set of adverts. I have tried everything suggested in this topic with no success, and frankly am both frustrated and disgusted. When is Sony going to do something about what appears to be a very common problem?